Charts endlessly loading / would not load live data during extended hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charts endlessly loading / would not load live data during extended hours

Since about two weeks ago, I'm not exactly sure since which day, I noticed that during extended hours and upon a new login, the charts/indicators would not load. I have multiple chart windows in a workspace and these chart windows would be endlessly loading and the chart windows would be blank and appear in my custom background color and said “Loading” on the top left corner of each chart window.

My data feed is Continuum.

The charts would load with historical data when in Market Replay mode but again, would not load live data.

This happened last Sunday evening (Eastern time) and yesterday night (Wednesday). The next morning, even before regular hour started, the charts loaded normally again and that was without making any changes to any settings.

I haven’t verified but it seems that if I leave the data feed connection on after the regular hours ended, the charts would continue to update during the extended hours.

The only two recent changes (can’t remember exact dates) I have made to NT8 are, upgrading to:

- 8.0.20.0 64-bit (a few weeks ago)
    - 8.0.20.1 64-bit (a few days ago)

Other than these two upgrades, I have not made any changes to the settings of data feed or trading hours.

Sorry I am unable to provide more details on exactly how and when the issue would arise.

What may be causing this issue?

How do I resolve it?

Thanks in advance for your time and assistance.

Hello,

Thanks for the post.

I would like to take a look at the state of your connection during these times outlined to see what may be causing this behavior.

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2392169 ATTN Melissa

Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving your inquiry.
    Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Melissa,

The loading issue happened again this morning. I tried but was unable to send you the log and trace files as directed.
      Please see the attached images.

Thank you.

Corinne

Attached Files

Comment

Ticket number 2392169
        ATTN Melissa

Hi Melissa,

I turned off my computer and re-logged into NT8 three times. The first two times, NT8 was still unable to load the charts. The third time, it loaded normally. It was just past 9:00 am at the third try. I don't know if there is any significance to that because the charts loaded fine during the long weekend. I have not made any changes to my trading hours template or any settings.

I tried sending you the log and trace files anyways and again it failed. I received the same error message.

Thank you.

Corinne

Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the update.

You can always manually send your log and trace files following the steps below:
          • Open your NinjaTrader folder under, "Documents" (sometimes called, "My Documents")
          • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
          • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
          • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
          You may then attach these files to an Email to [email protected] with the ticket number 2395059 in the subject.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this item.
          Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I've just emailed you the requested data.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by f.saeidi, Today, 10:19 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post f.saeidi  
            Started by kujista, Today, 06:23 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB