Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

order quantity defaults

Ninja 8 uses default order quantity of 1 for futures and 100 for stocks
    How can I change these defaults to my preferred values?
    Thanks

Hello dtl-saw,

Thanks for the post.

Unfortunately there is no way within the platform to change these default quantities; they are the minimum order quantity for those types of instruments.

It is possible to set the default lot size for Forex instruments, or to create an ATM Strategy template with a specified order quantity.

If you would like to use an ATM Strategy to do so, after setting up your ATM strategy (including order quantity), you may save it as a template. You could save templates of ATM Strategies for different instrument types as a potential solution.

If you are already in an open position with an ATM strategy, you can change the default scale quantity by right-clicking on Chart Trader/SuperDOM > Properties > Change the "Scale quantity" property to your desired contract size > click "OK". Now when you scale into an active ATM strategy it will scale in with the amount of contracts you defined in that property.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.
    Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your reply.
      The default quantity for stocks should not be 100 but a number under user control. When I'm trading AMZN at about 1900 per share I usually don't buy 100 shares. Making the default stock order quantity user configurable seems like a good feature to have and will be trivial for your software team to implement. Please ask the development team to consider adding this feature in a future release.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply and the suggestion.

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your patience.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-2245. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

Comment

I think you have an error in your chart trader order logic for multi tabbed windows.
            The order quantity that i set for 1 instrument is mirrored to all other instruments of the same type, i.e. futures and stocks.

I have a window with 4 tabs and 2 of the tabs are futures instruments and 2 of the tabs are stock instruments.

When I set the chart trader order quantities of the futures instrument in tab 1 it gets copies into a different futures instrument in tab 2.

When i set the chart trader order quantities of the stock instrument tab 3 it copies into a different stock instrument in tab 4.

Also another chart trader order logic issue exists when I have both futures and stocks in the same window with multiple tabs.

When I set the chart trader order quantity for the futures instruments in tab 1 and tab 2 to something other than the default (say 2 instead of 1 for futures instrument) then once I switch to the tabs with stock symbols either tab 3 or tab 4 and then switch back to futures tab the futures order quantity gets reset to default.

This is extra-ordinarily dangerous when you allow for a chart trader mode where the chart trader is active but not displayed and if i'm using hot keys for order entry i don't see the order quantity reset back to default.

Isn't it possible to have each tab in a multi-tabbed window be able to retain each of the individual instruments retain any chart trader order quantities that a user sets for them?

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

I see what you mean; with a multi-tab chart I change the quantity to 300 then move to a different instrument. When I switch back it has reverted to 100.

I have submitted your feedback to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by drewski1980, Today, 08:24 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post drewski1980  
              Started by rdtdale, Yesterday, 01:02 PM
              2 responses