Collapse

Automation / Connection problem for NT8 after (auto restart) of TWS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Current download from (https://ninjatrader.com/de/Download) provides NT 8.0.21.1L 1031 instead of NT 8.0.1.22.1 displayed on website!?

Comment

Hello Peter,

I let Product Management know and the download link should be fixed now. I tested on my end and Release 22 is now downloading from the link.

Let us know if you are still experiencing issues updating.
      JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by PeterGolz View Post

Thanks for your hint!
        What are you using in combination?
        NT8 + TWS [OR] NT8 + IB Gateway?
        Could you please provide Application-Version numbers, that are you using in combination?
        This would help me really out!!! :-)

With best regards,
        Peter
        Hi Peter,

I use both; TWS+NT8 when live trading, Gateway+NT8 when running automated strategies.

Good luck!

Comment

Hi Guys,

i have tried out every setting-combination of NT8 + IB Gateway that i can imagine! :-(
          I have installed the newest versions of NT8, IB Gateway as well as TWS.
          Followed connection instruction https://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGu...nnection-Guide etc.

What ever i do - with automatic reconnection of IB Gateway as well as TWS - NT8 it is NOT able hold / create a new connection to IB Gateway/TWS!!!
          I really need help from an expert that can me help out to find a solutions for this massive issue.
          I also provide as mutch as possible screenshot/information in this post, that i think is needful.

This problem still exists on local PC as well as on virtual maschine.

If there is no simple parameter configuration that i have missed, it seems very doubtful for me how somebody can use NinjaTrader for mor than daytrades...

I really hope to get the right hint!

Comment

Two more images for mutch information as possible...

Comment

Hello PeterGolz,

The new version of Gateway 978.1 requires a user select either Auto Log Off or Auto Restart.

Both options will require a manual re-connection from NinjaTrader. Our Development team is looking into a way to allow automatic reconnects to IB Gateway because of this. The ticket ID is NTEIGHT-14510. Please keep an eye out for the number associated with this ID in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide which will note this functionality has been added.

As of the current release R22.2, this is not yet implemented.

We look forward to assisting.
              Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jim; 06-18-2020, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Jim,
                please hurry up! I really need this auto reconnection for IB-Gateway urgently.
                pls add my vote!!!
                btw, which version of IB-Gateway that does not auto logoff/restart still works with the latest NT8?

Comment

Hello timko,

You may use IB Gateway 973.2 which does not have the Auto Log Off/Auto Restart.

The NTEIGHT ticket I provided is an ongoing development task. As it is on the development team's desk for action, we will not be tracking any additional votes.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jim View Post
                    Hello Peter,

It is a known situation where TWS will force a disconnection. Many users report that IB Gateway does not exhibit this behavior, so we may suggest using IB Gateway instead to keep the connection running.

NinjaTrader currently cannot automatically reconnect in the event of a broker side disconnection and also would not be able to automatically re-enable strategies. We are tracking interest in providing that sort of functionality in the feature request ticket ID SFT-2395. I have added a vote on your behalf. Note that these are internal tracking numbers and we cannot offer an ETA for implementation. You may check the Release Notes page of the Help Guide to see if a feature has been added in a new release of NinjaTrader which would satisfy the functionality requested here.

Release Notes - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Using the ImmediatelySubmit Start Behavior will have the strategy attempt to match historical orders calculated when the strategy is enabled and processes historical data with the realtime orders it has submitted a previous time it was enabled. If the strategy matches the historically calculated orders with the live orders, the strategy will resume managing these orders. I recommend considering to use this start behavior when you want to have the strategy resume a previous position.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

I have been using ImmediatelySubmit to try to recreate the strategy position after the Gateway daily restart, but find that the strategy position does not match the account position, and the execution history is erased --- which means that the exitLong() code which referenced those pre-restart executions does not function. I am missing something here?

Regards to all.

Comment

Hello elliot5,

Interactive Brokers changed the way position updates are sent from their servers which affects how the Control Center displays the strategy position. We made changes in the next build of NinjaTrader 8 to better handle the current position update behavior, but in the near term, we have found this only to be limited to reporting from the Control Center and the actual Strategy Position is not affected.

I would suggest using Draw.TextFixed to display your strategy position in the meantime so it can be observed.

Please also ensure that you are using the latest version of NinjaTrader 8 (currently 8.0.22.2) and if you are using IB Gateway to stay connected, please use IB Gateway 973.2.

As long as the strategy has not disabled, I would expect the executions to persist on your chart or in a strategy performance report.

If you are still seeing issues with the strategy position under these circumstances after confirming the above, please reach out to me at platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com with the text "Attn Jim 2393294" and include a link to this thread.

Strategy Position - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help.../?position.htm

Draw.TextFixed - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._textfixed.htm

We look forward to assisting.

Comment

Any progress on SFT 2395? Has anyone found a workaround for the daily Gateway restart to prevent the above problems?

Comment

Hello elliot5,

Automatically reconnecting for Interactive Brokers is available in the the latest release of NinjaTrader 8.

I had requested your contact over email to test an internal build that has an adjustment made to improve auto reconnecting with Interactive Brokers. We were able to reproduce symptoms specifically when using multiple accounts and have reported the matter to the development team. That ticket ID is NTEIGHT-14793. Changes have not been made yet, so I have not replied back with a new build for testing.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
                          4 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post rtwave
                          by rtwave

Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
                          7 responses