Window Snapping Vertically?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Window Snapping Vertically?

I recently migrated from NT7 to NT8 and was wondering if there is the ability for windows to snap vertically, in order to maximize the window not over the entire screen but just vertically? NT7 supported this, but from what I can tell NT8 does not currently and might have it under development? I wanted to check to see if this is actually the case that it is not currently supported and that I haven't missed something. I would dearly love to find a more exact and easier solution than painstakingly aligning windows right to the edge!

Thank you.

Hello nickslad,

Unfortunately, this is correct. NinjaTrader 7 made with WinForms does work with Aero snap while NinjaTrader 8 with WPF currently does not have this functionality.
    I will submit a feature request for the development team to consider implementing this behavior.
    Once I have a tracking ID for this request I will forward this to you for future reference.

However, Windows 10 and Windows 7 have the ability to do some organizing with windows and can show windows stacked, side by side, or can cascade.
    Hold shift and right-click the NinjaTrader 8 icon for these options.
    Attached Files
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello nickslad,

This request is being tracked with ID# SFT-4576.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm
      Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chelsea,

Thank you for the feedback and details, and as well for submitting a feature request on my behalf. I had wanted to add my voice in registering interest to have this implemented and do think this would really add a key bit of polish to the program. I made quite liberal use of window snapping in NT7 and definitely miss not having that ability any longer. I would certainly love for it to return!

Thanks again,
        Nicholas

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
        47 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post aligator  
        Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
        0 responses