Short Side Order Hotkey Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Short Side Order Hotkey Error

Having recently migrated from NT7 to NT8 with the discontinuing of the old TD API, I’m currently having trouble with the short-side order hotkeys. I have set hotkeys for “Buy Market” and “Sell Market”, but only the Buy Market hot key works properly (this has worked perfectly fine for me). However, the Sell Market hotkey gives an error message of “This order may result in an oversold/overbought position in your account. Please check your position quantity and/or open orders. affected Order: Sell [Amount] StopMarket @ …”

However, when I go the Basic Entry window and use the “Short Mkt” button I have no such problems. When hovering over the button, it will display a message that corresponds with my Hotkey: “Place a sell market order (Alt+S) [my hotkey combo]”. While my hotkey combo is tied to the desired action, in using the hotkey on a chart, it tries to submit (presumably) a StopMarket order instead.

I’m curious if there is some sort of workaround or if this is a bug or some sort?

Hello nickslad,

This may be an issue with OCO.

Please send an email to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com so that we may request your log and trace files.

In the email please include a link to this forum thread.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chelsea,

I'll get this packaged up and sent to Platform Support.

I do have an ATM strategy enabled in Chart Trader, but only set up with a stop loss (no profit target). I was aware of the issues with OCO on the old TD API as well as the current limitations with OCO, so try to stay away from relying on that functionality. I might try next to see if I can submit a short-side Hotkey order from Chart Trader without an ATM strategy enabled.

Nonetheless, I'll send this info over.

Thank you

Comment

Hello nickslad,

I've looked but I have not seen an emails come in to our support email with a link to this forum thread.

May I confirm you have sent an email to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com with a link to this forum thread as requested?
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chelsea,

I apologize for the delay. I have submitted an email with my log and trace files. I recreated the error as the most recent action, and the pertinent information should be at the bottom of the files.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Barry Milan, Today, 10:35 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
          Started by WeyldFalcon, 12-10-2020, 06:48 PM
          14 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Handclap0241