Problem With MACD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem With MACD

You see in the picture that the MACD and Average are behind the difference. I don't want it this way. I don't know why it would be this way, never has in the past. I'm using NT8 and I just selected the MACD from the list of indicators. How do I fix this?

Hello Skyfly1715,

Thank you for posting to the forum.

I'd like to take a look at your log and trace files for this issue. These files contain diagnostic information related to what is occurring on your platform that will help us resolve this issue in a timely manner.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to an email to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with "2395335 ATTN Marco G" in the subject line and a link to this forum post in the message body so I may investigate this matter further.

Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
    Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
    Once you have emailed these to us, you may delete these compressed folders.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this item for you.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Skyfly1715,

The order of presentation of plots differs in this case between NinjaTrader 7 and NinjaTrader 8. You can import the MACD modification I have made which adds the Diff plot first which results in it being behind the MACD and AVG lines.

Let us know if you have any questions.
      Attached Files
      JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hey thanks Jim, that's perfect! Appreciate it!

Comment

This begs the question of why weren't the plots reordered like we need to do with every conversion from NT7? Lines should be in front of histograms in most cases by default for readability. Curious.
          eDanny
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Hello eDanny,

The order of adding plots in the MACD indicator is the same from NT7 to prevent code breaking changes. (If the plot order changes, NinjaScripts that use the indicator would be referencing a different plot.)

The internal way the plots are drawn is closed source, and I couldn't really comment why the ordering was decided to be the way that it is. Changing it now would likely affect many existing client/vendor NinjaScripts, so I would not expect this to change.
            JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Unfortunately the NT7 version, as well as almost all stock indicators, doesn't assign names to all the plots dataseries and at least usually reference the first plot as Value. If all stock indicators had named dataseries for every plot and all stock indicators that referenced other stock indicators were written to access plots by name, this would never be an issue at this point. Hindsight. You know, instead of changing the order of plot hierarchy from the NT7 way to the "more intuitive" NT8 way, there would also be no problem.
              Last edited by eDanny; 01-23-2020, 01:44 PM.
              eDanny
              NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post CortexZenUSA  
              Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
              0 responses