TD AMERITRADE error breaking chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TD AMERITRADE error breaking chart

I've randomly received this error message (error below from trace file) that freezes the chart (can no longer click on it, bring it to focus, or interact with it in any way) and prevents being able to save the workspace. Thus, it's very frustrating to spend hours marking up charts, then have this event happen and lose all your work!

While this error seems random, I run into it almost every day. I'm running 8.0.20.1, 64-bit

2020-01-21 10:28:20:976 (TD AMERITRADE) Tda.Adapter.ParseStreamingData: IndexOutOfRangeException - Invalid message received. Skipping to next message. symbol='' message='Index was outside the bounds of the array.'

Sometimes, when I kill NinjaTrader from Task Manager (since I have no other choice), it throws this:

2020-01-21 10:34:12:302 *************** unhandled exception trapped ***************
    2020-01-21 10:34:12:302 Not enough quota is available to process this command
    2020-01-21 10:34:12:310 System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Not enough quota is available to process this command
    at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.UpdateWindowSett ings(Boolean enableRenderTarget, Nullable`1 channelSet)
    at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.UpdateWindowPos( IntPtr lParam)
    at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.HandleMessage(Wi ndowMessage msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
    at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.HwndTargetFilter Message(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
    at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
    at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation( Object o)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.Internal RealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatch When(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

First, if you've previously saved the workspace, I would expect the chart to reappear as it was previously saved. If the workspace reopens missing items from the previous save, you can utilize the workspace recovery tool:I would also recommend that you regularly save you workspace when making major changes to ensure that these changes are not lost and that the recovery tool's files will be as recent as possible. Here is a link with more information about saving workspaces:With that said, the above is all meant to be precautionary and a quick fix/work-around for the root issue you've mentioned. To find out more about what the root cause is of this exception, I'll need some additional information from your log/trace files. Follow these steps to send me these files:
    • You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support
    • Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.
    • Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2396137 ATTN PatrickG

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
    1 response
    1 like
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
    Started by EB Worx, 04-04-2023, 02:34 AM
    7 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post VFI26