Multiple accounts and chart Plot Executions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple accounts and chart Plot Executions

I have many SIM accounts I run all day long testing out my strategy work but I can't seem to isolate the trades via chart Plot Executions. If I have multiple 377Tick ES charts as an example, it seems that the Plots show on all ES 377 tick charts.

Is there a way to isolate the trade plots per chart instead of per instrument?
    i.e. I trade with SIM A and SIM B, both using 377tick ES but with different strategy parameters for SIM A vs. SIM B. Can I just see the chart plots activity for SIM A and not see chart plots activity for SIM B even while they are both trading the same instrument and same data series, etc.?

My main goal is to filter out some of the SIM acct. activity and just focus on 1 SIM acct. activity at a time showing chart plots activity (i.e. Entry/Exit prices and direction).

Thanks in advance for any tips to look at.

Hello RonnieB,

Thank you for the post.

Chart executions will only display the trades for the account currently selected in the Chart Trader and for the strategies enabled on the chart.

For example, if you only want to see SIM A executions, you would want to set that as the account in the drop-down menu of the Chart Trader. You would also want to ensure you do not have any active strategies on that particular chart that are set to execute on the SIM B account.

If you use chart tabs, you could set a custom tab name to help differentiate which chart is dedicated to which account. To do so, right-click on the Tab and select "Rename." With the "Tab Name" drop-down menu you can select the "@Account" property and click Apply. Now your tab will automatically display which instrument and account are in use.

Here is our Help Guide article on the Tab topic:

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Melissa for your prompt reply.
      I am currently looking at a 377 Tick ES chart.
      That chart does not have any strategies activated on it.
      I am not using Chart Trader, but instead have been using the SuperDom to place my trades. As such I can see trades placed by other chart's strategies on the chart in focus as well as trades placed using this chart with the SuperDom.

Is there a way to filter out the other trades I see on the chart while using the SuperDom?

Due to your reply I have opened up Chart Trader and see how I can isolate the Account in question on the chart plots, thank you very much for that.

Is it at all possible to isolate the trades plotted to a specific account on the chart while only using the SuperDom or is using the ChartTrader sidebar required to isolate the desired account on the Chart?

Comment

Hello RonnieB,

Thanks for the reply.

Using the Chart Trader sidebar is indeed required to isolate the desired account on the Chart, but you may set its property to "Hidden" after assigning it the appropriate account so you do not have it clogging up your screen space. This ensures that the Chart and DOM are set to the same account and instrument so they are in sync with position and execution displays.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Mellisa,
          Thank you very much for your clarifying reply and for the suggestion about isolating the account via charttrader and then hiding the sidebar, that is most thoughtful of you.

I appreciate your prompt and accurate response for my questions and situation and I give you great kudos for taking care of my question as well as you did.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
          15 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
          Started by The_Sec, Today, 02:29 PM
          1 response
          0 likes