Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Instruments on a Chart Panel

Dear Ninja Product Development Staff,

At present in Ninja 8, I can only display three instruments with disparate scaling on a chart panel:

1) Primary instrument as Candlesticks (usually scaled right)
    2) Instrument 2 as Line on Close (scaled left)
    3) Instrument 3 or indicator line 3 as Line (scaled as overlay)

Since any instrument that is scaled as Overlay technically does not use the left or right scale, and instead is scaled to fit the visible chart area using Percent, can future iterations of Ninja allow multiple instruments to be overlaid? And for each to be scaled individually/separately in percentage terms?

I'd like to be able to scale more than one overlaid instruments individually and separately using the entire Y axis as a percentage scale. I've attached a screenshot of this very function in Trading View.

Thank you for considering my request.

Hello old porkchops,

Thanks for posting to the forums.

I am able to overlay multiple data series and indicators on a chart on my end with no errors. Can you please clarify further what is happening on your end so we can better understand what may be happening?

I look forward to your reply.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Marco,

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate your time.

Assuming there's one data series using the right scale, one data series using the left scale, I want to be able to scale more than one data series or indicator line with the overlay scale.

At the moment, yes I can scale multiple data series or indicator lines in overlay mode, but all these data series or indicator lines must have the same scale. Everything is working fine, but I'd like to see future versions of Ninja allow the overlay mode to scale multiple data series with different price margins (price scales).

For example, if I want to scale ES as a Line on Close in overlay mode and NQ as Line on Close also in Overlay mode, what appears is two flat lines. This is because the scale (current price level) for NQ and ES are not the same. ES is in the 3000 price range and NQ is in the 9000 price range.

I want to be able to display in overlay mode, both ES and NQ as Line on Close exactly how they would appear normally. In overlay mode, since the scale readings are not visible, I don't need to read any prices off a left or right scale. All I want is to display both ES and NQ using the visible chart area as a percentage scale in overlay mode.

I've attached screenshots that might help in understanding the current limitations.

Thanks for considering my question/feature request.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello oldporkschops,

Thank you for the suggestion.

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Comment

Hello Tabor,

Thanks for helping me submit this as a feature request to the Development Team. I'm sure they'll figure it out. If they need additional questions answered, I'd be glad to help, but the screenshots are pretty straightforward in describing the issue. A picture speaks a thousand words after all :-)

I look forward to receiving the internal tracking number as it would help me keep track of it, so I can look out for it in future versions of Ninja 8. Is there a website where I can check on its status?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Comment

Hello oldporkchops,

Thanks for your reply.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by MacDad, 02-25-2024, 11:48 PM
            7 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post loganjarosz123  
            Started by Belfortbucks, Today, 09:29 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes