Does Oanda support OCO yet with NT8?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Oanda support OCO yet with NT8?

I've looked on the connection guide for Oanda and it seems that it has varied in that in the past it required simulated OCO but now it doesn't say that. Does the connection with Oanda now support OCO orders?

I'm interested in running a strategy with a fixed stop and target but the last time I traded with this simple setup it didn't work on Oanda apart from simulated OCO because their engine didn't support it. Would appreciate an update.

Hello Moody1337,

Thank you for your post.

When connected to Oanda, Orders in a state "Accepted" or "Working" are at the brokerage or exchange. If the exchange does not support a specific order type, the order will be active on the CQG Oanda servers.

Most OCO (One Cancels Other) functionality is natively supported on their servers, but please see the disclaimer section here for more information: http://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGui...nnection-Guide. I've included that information below for NT8.

Disclaimer
    1. When cancelling orders, working orders within an OCO group will only be cancelled if any order of the group is cancelled directly within NinjaTrader. In all other scenarios these working orders will remain working.
    2. An OCO group that has an order rejected will not cancel any remaining working orders in the group. Any pending orders will not be submitted and instead rejected.
    3. There will be an approximate 200ms delay between submission of OCO linked orders.
    4. The time in force of ‘GTC’ (Good till cancelled) is not supported on Oanda accounts. Use ‘GTD’ (Good till date) orders instead.
    5. Oanda accounts can only have access enabled for NinjaTrader or Oanda's FXTrade platform. Accessing an account from both is not supported.

Please let me know if I may assist you further. For any additional questions regarding order submission in NinjaTrader please reach out to your broker directly.

Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM
    3 responses
    1 like
    Last Post PaulMohn  
    Started by TheWhiteDragon, 01-21-2019, 12:44 PM
    4 responses
    0 likes