Collapse

charts take over an hour to load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have cut down my days to load on a lot of charts ,,,,still crap. Im going to try an M.2 card and new GPU's. I dont mind spending the money as Neurostreets software is superb and i want to use it. ill check in once ive tested it. Looking at nvidia p2200 . or firepro wx5100 . if any one has any advice on GPU's id be grateful to hear from you?

Comment

Bobbyj78, if you read through the discussion threads at the link I posted above, you'll find user posts similar to yours, for example:

"I use the AMD Threadripper 1950X, which is a 16 core 32 thread processor, its overclocked to 4.1 GHz. I have 32 GB Ram, a Nvidia 1080ti GFX card, and use a M.2 NVME drive. . . . This setup takes about 45 minutes of loading/tweaking time each morning. . . . my CPU is never coming under load, in fact, even when trying my hardest I cannot get NinjaTrader to utilize more than 15% of my CPU's available processing power. . . . So in performance difference we are seeing 30 seconds with Investor/RT under a seemingly heavier load (processing triple the amount of ticks) able to do what it takes NT8 30+ minutes to do with 1/3rd of the ticks to calculate."

"A business grade behemoth twin Xeon 32 thread workstation, 6x4k + 1xQHD on 2vNVIDIA Quadro cards with abundant RAM . . . I never see hardware resources troubled, rarely disturbed from their slumbering 5-10% . . . My PC benchmarks in the top 2 percentile worldwide for CPU speed, so there is nowhere left to go in that respect. . . My workspaces are always optimised with performance considerations paramount to the point of obsession, and not 'overly' complex. They are as simple as they can possibly be to see the ranges of the overnight and day sessions of the most commonly traded Futures. . . . with Ninja and Sierra running in parallel, and the same datafeed, Ninja lags in fast markets where Sierra doesn't."

The problem is not your hardware.
      Last edited by Lancer; 01-25-2020, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbyj78 View Post
        I dont mind spending the money as Neurostreets software is superb
        Superb but slow as crap != Superb

For your environment/workspaces/charts/etc, is it NeuroStreet causing the slowness or is it NinjaTrader 8 itself?

That's all I'm saying ... keep everything the same on every chart except remove NeuroStreet, if you do this
        and NT8 is still slow as crap, well, yes, by God, complain here mightily and let NinjaTrader support know.

But, it's also possible the real blame rests with NeuroStreet ... I'm saying rule Neurostreet out (or in).

I think it's a fair observation to say this:
        NinjaTrader support can do very little if it's a third-party product causing your problem.

Make sense?
        You want to "nail" NinjaTrader support to the wall for the slowness, right?
        Ok, so, first, rule out all your third-party products ...

Comment

Bobby - you are getting a lot of very good advice from experienced users. Lancer's second quote re: hardware is from me. Forget hardware for now.

I have what ostensibly seems a similarly straightforward setup to yours using the stock NT8 platform - the commonly traded futures, a few timeframes each displaying on multiple monitors.

Ninja's response to me to performance problems with the platform has always been the same as to you - to cite complexity of workspace, which is a consequence of platform design.to achieve the simplest of things which I could do with 7 and and which other platforms achieve with ease and simplicity for the User. But those others can't run your Neurostreet indicators ;-)

On a positive note and encouragement, I no longer have slow loading times, don't have lag, don't have freezing etc. So I would think there is a reasonable likelihood you can achieve the first step of getting your desired setup to run satisfactorily on your current hardware - without Neurostreet or any other third-party indicators. This only became so for me with v20.1.

If successful, you have a point from which you can move ahead, wherever that may be - Neurostreet, hardware, workspace configuration, abort.

Lancer - thanks for ChartLag. I'd held off on providing feedback until confident. It took a bit of tinkering but it now runs green almost all the time including through high activity with the occasional flicker of low-range orange. Red is a rare event during trading (i.e. steady-state rather than say reloading historical data) and soon clears.

Kind regards,
          Hi - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ance_tips2.htm (https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/?performance_tips2.htm) has a laundry list of performance tips, most of which I'm using or that don't apply to my setup. I do have a few questions, however, so here we go: * I do charts only. * New box, W-2145 chip, 8
          Last edited by brucerobinson; 01-26-2020, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Ive dropped a workspace and things are working ok so far. Ive got the 6 major pairs and ES all working and correct so far today, no lag. plus start up is considerably quicker so lets see.

Comment

I spoke too soon.. ES is now lagging by over 30 mins. this isnt good enough

Comment

Assuming you've followed all of the previous recommendations from myself and other users, there is still something within your setup causing a rendering delay. Did you:
                • Eliminate tick replay from all charts?
                • Remove Neurostreet indicators?
                The above will be critical to narrowing down the root cause of the symptom you're reporting. Assuming you've done the above, please proceed below:

Does this symptom only occur during periods of high market volatility? Or does it happen constantly?

Can anything be done to 'fix' the symptom? If so, what steps do you take?

If you close all but one workspace, does the symptom persist?

In this one workspace, how many total chart windows are in the main workspace? In those charts, how many chart tabs are there? In those chart tabs, how many total indicators are applied?

To see what (if any) NinjaScript items may be contributing to the symptoms, please open the NinjaScript Utilization Monitor:
                • Control Center > New > NinjaScript Output
                • Right-click within the NinjaScript output window > Select 'NinjaScript Utilization Monitor...
                • This window will begin to populate with NinjaScript items in order of time spent processing
                • Let this window populate for at least a few minutes then send me a screenshot of it's contents
                  • To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.
                  • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Comment

Any updates?

How're things with your charts?

Comment

Poor David,,,, Ive literally had to scale eveything down to 1 - 6 days to load,, ive had to loose my monthly profiles and now from a 60 min TF upwards my 200 & 100 SMA are plotted exactly the same???? Even my brokers charts can plot SMA's. NT is a joke on multiple screens. Ive had to get my E signal feed back as NT isnt good enough. Shame neurostreet is only on NT. Very poor show NT

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbyj78 View Post
                      I’ve recently closed my e signal account and have started using NinjaTrader 8, mainly because of the custom indicators I have bought.
                      I have a 12 screen set up.
                      The desktop was an i7 With 32gb of ram which coped With a huge array of charts on e signal.
                      But with NinjaTrader my cpu was maxing out on my task manager which to me meant I needed to upgrade.
                      so I have, it’s now a Ryzen 3950X With 64gb of ram. The GPU’s are FirePro w4100’s.

the problems are still there, the cpu is only hitting 9% the GPU’s don’t even hit 3% but the charts take over and hour to load?. That’s even if they load.

I only trade 9 instruments so I’ve created a workspace for each instrument and I use multiple time frames, so each screen has a separate timeframe.

also I’ve had gbp/usd and ES lagging behind by 4-6 5 minute candle sticks. I’ve literally checked against my broker and my IQ feed and the carts were behind.

Could it be my GPU’s ??

I’ve paid a lot of money for my indicators and I want to trade with them. I also want to use all of my screens and multiple time frames which is why I went over board with a powerful cpu.

but still it dosnt work??

please don’t tell me NinjaTrader 8 itself is flawed?

thanks in advance for any help
                      welcome to ninjatrader, all have alot of problems . i used mzp orderflow addon and have tons of problem and lag with the data.

Comment

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Comment

I encourage any users experiencing similar symptoms to follow the troubleshooting and diagnostic advice posted by myself and other users then contacting me via email at PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com. Make sure to include a link to this post and "2399057 ATTN Patrick G" in the message.

For reference, please see the following posts:

Comment

Hi guys,, has any one been able to get any thing new regarding lag?.

Comment

These symptoms that are occurring over the last week or so are directly related to the extreme market volatility. In most cases, the only solution is to optimize your workspace for performance in order to mitigate the effects of the larger-than-normal amount of tick data that is now present on your charts. Please also reference my previous posts mentioned in post #27.

Comment

Patrick,,, reducing indicators, and optimizing charts for volatility,, isnt really good enough or practical for people that are trading direct market access on several instruments. Ninja should be addressing this problem??.

Why can sierra charts and e signal perform with zero lag no matter what vol is coming through?.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by ZenCortexHurry, Today, 01:07 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post ZenCortexHurry  
                                Started by ZenCortexHurry, Today, 01:04 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post ZenCortexHurry