Collapse

charts take over an hour to load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We advise in NinjaScript best practices to calculate things in OnBarUpdate (data processing), to only draw things in OnRender, and to only do that for visible bars.

I'd attribute performance differences on a higher resolution monitor to the number of bars that are visible on that chart and the fact that more pixels need to be rendered at the higher resolution.

If you're using the tick refresh tool, that's going to cause NinjaTrader to render more often, so that is going to exacerbate that.

Comment

Ninja Trader Platform has a lot of common sense problems. Things that should be working correctly don't work. When there's lag on the charts ...it's always, remove or reduce something. Um...we shouldn't have to reduce or remove anything. NT should fix the problems. I noticed it's a big blame game. It's never NT, it's always someone else. Then when you go to the 3rd party...its never them it's NT. If I would have know any of this before buying a lifetime membership, I would have went with a different platform. Other platforms have none of these issues..

Then on top of that, if there's a problem, they want to call it a "feature" Put in a "feature request" that we have to wait 5 years for them to implement. If Ever. I don't blame the techs here. They just follow a scrip given to them. The blame is who ever is in charge of actually fixing the problems, the developers. The tech support should be able to see the common sense in most of theses problems and actually speak to the development team about them. I've actually seen feature requests on here that are 10 years old with hundreds of people asking for the same things...and still nothing. Feature requests are just a way to shut us up about the problem. To give us a sense of comfort and security.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, Johnny Santiago . Please understand that it is our goal to ensure that your NinjaTrader is working as expected. If there is a behavior or feature that you want that doesn't exist, this is where the 'feature request' comes in. This is literally a direct line to the Development Team - the Development Team is very aware of all of our users desires.

Deciding on features for future releases is not a simple black and white decision. There are many factors involved including but not limited to:
        • Demand which is measured by objective user requests and subjective discretion on the part of our Product Management team.
        • Feasibility
        • Developer bandwidth
        • Current projects in the queue
        • Economics
        You'll find a note regarding your feature request in the release notes when a feature is implemented.

The ability to customize NinjaTrader with add-ons is a blessing and curse. There is simply no getting around the fact that it is possible for an end user to introduce variables to their configuration that are unanticipated and also will result in performance issues. To use an analogy, if you bought a car from a dealership, changed out the stock tires and wheels with thin 'performance' tires and larger wheels, then went back to the dealership and were curious as to why your car's ride became rough and uncomfortable, the dealership would more than likely point at the thin tires/larger wheels.

Comment

NinjaTrader is garbage. I've had the same charting tools, have not changed one thing and the load time for charts has become so slow that it allows me to think during the slow loads what a mistake I made buying the lifetime license.

Comment

As far as I know, this platform isn't problematic. However, it's better to contact the help center to see if they can solve the problem. Suppose it's something wrong with your computer that you might contact https://www.salvagedata.com/. I always contact them when something like this happens to my devices. At first, you can look through their articles and see if you can find something useful there. If not, you'll find their phone number, and you can contact them and see how you can solve this problem on your computer or what tips they can give you.
            Last edited by Buchigon; 04-17-2022, 05:25 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by AveryFlynn, Today, 04:57 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post AveryFlynn  
            Started by RubenCazorla, 08-30-2022, 06:36 AM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post PaulMohn