Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature suggestion

Hi
    I now there have been suggestions about potential improvements to how NT manages layouts. I don't know if this is included or needs adding on/raising a a seperate request. It would give excellent flexability if when adding a new tab to a chart/analyzer/etc window rather than being only able to open the same tool, e.g. another chart, you could choose to open an analyzer for example. So different tools on different tabs.

This would bring huge flexibility. In effect you'd just open a as many windows as you like in your display set up and then put whatever tools (i.e. screens) you need in those windows.
    Thanks
    Swing

It sounds like you're wanting to combine multiple different types of NinjaTrader windows into one window. For example, you'd one have one window and in that window one tab would be a chart, another a Market Analyzer, and another a SuperDOM. Is that accurate?

Comment

That's correct Patrick. I presume it would actually involve a lot more work than it seems on the face of it.
      Thanks
      Swing

Comment

Thanks for the clarification.

Yes, you're correct - this would effectively require a complete redesign of NinjaTrader windows.

I know that some other platforms have one 'main' window which would be their workspace and all other windows are within that one window, but that's simply not how NinjaTrader was designed. NinjaTrader's windows are purposefully separate so that there is no restriction to a single window - each individual window can be it's own unique size and shape without limits on where in your available screen space it can be placed.

With that said, I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-2306. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 01-28-2020, 08:24 AM.

Comment

I understand. Perhaps there is a way of sitting these windows within parent workspaces? It may be be better for some users? It was a thought. Thanks Patrick

Comment

Any chance of someone looking at my RSI EMA/SMA question please?

Comment

I assume you're referring to https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...in-rsi-default

This is a NinjaScript question and a NinjaScript technician will be following up shortly. If you have any specific concerns, please post in that topic.

Comment

PaulH has followed up thanks Patrick.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by aa731, Today, 02:54 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post aa731
                by aa731

Started by thanajo, 05-04-2021, 02:11 AM