Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loosing trade performance with market replay

Hi,

I am using the market replay function to test a strategy in ES. As I am working from Germany I want to fast forward to 15:30 when the US markets open. That works with the first trading day (I downloaded the trading data for the whole week monday to friday), no problem. When the US session is over, I want to fast forward to the next trading session on the next day. So I drag the slider to the next day and what's happening? All previous trade performance data is lost. WHY? This is annoying! I want a solution to reset the "Playback101" account manually instead of resetting automatically when the Playback handler switches trading data. Is there an option or something to prevent the playback handler resetting the Playback101 account?

Best, Arne

Hello,

Thanks for the post.

You mention that you are testing a strategy in the playback connection, is it an automated strategy?

If so, we would expect the strategy performance to remain on the chart even while scrolling through to the next day. I have just confirmed this on my installation of the platform.

So I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
    • What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.? or 8.0.?.?)
    • Would you mind sharing a screenshot of your strategy parameters as well?
    Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving your inquiry.

Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Melissa,

thanks for you reply! I do not use an automated strategy. I use NT by manual trading. The NinjaTrader Version is 8.0.19.0 64-bit.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

Unfortunately, with a regular trade this is expected behavior in the playback mode.

I have submitted the ability to retain trade information even after using this slider this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

I also see that you're using an older version of NinjaTrader 8. To update NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below:
        • First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
        • Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
        • Enter your license key and press Submit
        • Select 'NinjaTrader 8'
        • Select 'Download'
        • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your patience.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-4361. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Perr0Grande  
          Started by elderan, Today, 08:03 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes