Custom MarketAnalyzer no resource found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom MarketAnalyzer no resource found

I have a custom MarketAnalyzer class which inherits from the NinjaTrader.Gui.MarketAnalyzer. There is nothing overly special about my class except that I needed some additional properties and methods on top of the built in MarketAnalyzer.

I am developing in a what will be a custom DLL. All other controls that I have extended are working fine, except this pesky CustomMarketAnalyzer. If I comment out creating my custom market analyzer, everything run fine (it's an AddOn which spawns this window, among others).

Here is the error I get when I call my constructor:
    CustomMarketAnalyzer does not have a resource identified by the URI '/NinjaTrader.Gui;component/marketanalyzer/marketanalyzer.xaml'.'

This error happens regardless of whether I have a 0 parameter constructor or > 0 parameters.

Last edited by jasonnator; 07-08-2018, 06:12 PM. Reason: attach image

I am familiar with designing custom controls and have used this post below to create them in the past.

https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...4&postcount=13

Comment

Hello jasonnator,

To confirm, your script is a custom addon using undocumented code and extending the 'NinjaTrader.Gui.MarketAnalyzer' class instead of a Market Analyzer column script using the 'MarketAnalyzerColumn' class, is this correct?

This may be outside of what NinjaTrader Support is able to assist with.
      This thread will remain open for any community members that would like to assist.

You can also contact a professional NinjaScript Consultant who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. The NinjaTrader Ecosystem has affiliate contacts who provide educational as well as consulting services. Please let me know if you would like our business development follow up with you with a list of affiliate consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request.
      Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi ChelseaB,

I tested many different ways in an effort to ensure I wasn't well outside of the documented usage. However, I have even gone as simple as newing up a vanilla MarketAnalyzer in the AddOn OnClick handler and get the same result. I would hope that this would be within the pervue of support. Please let me know what, if anything, you need from me to assist in troubleshooting.

In hopes of helping, I was able to do this without issues 2 or 3 NT8 versions ago. I am now on 8.0.13.1 64-bit.

Thanks,

Jason

Comment

Hello Jason,

I'm not quite certain that I understand. There isn't a supported way of recreating the Market Analyzer window in an Addon..

Are you actually trying to make a MarketAnalyzerColumn script and not an Addon in a separate window?

If so, you might be extending the wrong class name.

Comment

I have included the appropriate using statements and my code is literally as simply as below.

Code:
            var ma = new MarketAnalyzer();
            ma.Show();

Comment

Hello jasonnator,

Creating a new instance of a Market Analyzer window is not documented in the NinjaTrader help guide and would be outside of what is supported by NinjaTrader Support.

Our development has not created a way to create new Charts, Market Analyzer windows, SuperDOMs, Strategy Analyzer windows or any other native window type programmatically. These windows must be opened manually from the New menu.

You can open a custom coded Addon window this way, but not a chart or market analyzer.

This thread will remain open for any community members that would like to assist with unsupported code.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
              3 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
              Started by ScottWalsh, 04-16-2024, 04:29 PM
              7 responses
              0 likes