NT8 License Servers Down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 License Servers Down?

I've just been disconnected from FXCM and couldn't reconnect. I shut down NT8 and on restart its stuck on verifying license, then get the message NT is having toruble connecting to its license servers.

Hello pmn100,
    Can you please clarify which version of NinjaTrader 8 you are currently on? You may find this by going to Help > About. The version number will read as 8.0.X.X.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanM View Post
      Hello pmn100,
      Can you please clarify which version of NinjaTrader 8 you are currently on? You may find this by going to Help > About. The version number will read as 8.0.X.X.
      On my VPS which I was disconnected from, 14.1. Retried for about 10 minutes, wouldn't get past verifying license. I upgraded my home PC to the latest 14.2 and managed to login with my lifetime license no problem. Went back to my VPS with 14.1 and managed to connect again, but all but two strategies have been removed from my charts. Why did I get disconnected and locked out of my license? And why does NT have this thoroughly annoying habit of removing strategies from charts whenever there's a hiccup like this?

Comment

Hello pmn100,
        There were no reports of the licensing servers going down today. You may want to check with your VPS provider to see if there were any errors with the VPS.

Strategies on NinjaTrader are locally ran. The Strategies will not be sent to the servers and will disable when the platform is closed or disconnected without the correct logic or settings. If you would like more information on this item please let me know and I can have a scripting support tech contact you.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanM View Post
          Hello pmn100,
          There were no reports of the licensing servers going down today. You may want to check with your VPS provider to see if there were any errors with the VPS.

Strategies on NinjaTrader are locally ran. The Strategies will not be sent to the servers and will disable when the platform is closed or disconnected without the correct logic or settings. If you would like more information on this item please let me know and I can have a scripting support tech contact you.

I know they get disabled (white, not green), but they're removed. My strategies tab is blank of strategies where there is normally about 20. Its like unless you do a completely clean shutdown and save of the workspace, the strategies can just randomly disappear and you have to sit there re-adding them all to the charts. Very time consuming, especially when you have open trades and are trying to get all the strats up and running again.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by The_Sec, Today, 03:37 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post The_Sec
          by The_Sec

Started by GwFutures1988, Today, 02:48 PM
          1 response
          0 likes