Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Market Analyzer sorting issues

Hi,
    I've already posted once in the past about a lack multi-column sorting functionality and I was told this is not supported:
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...alyzer-sorting

Now I have a problem with the current single column sorting which is supposedly the only sorting (I set autosort to on in the properties because i want to continually sort by the column). I have added a load of symbols into the market analyzer and am sorting by the last column - the only values I'm sorting on are 1 (green) or -1 (red). I've taken a screenshot when the window first changes. On the next update a 5 seconds later, I take another screenshot. Now as you can see the contents of each section for the last column are exactly the same and their values (-1 or 1) will thus also be the same. However the ordering has completely changed!!!
    during the live market I'm monitoring the status of symbols and tearing my hair out at the same time because although the contents for the red and the green category items are the same, I cant see what has changed where because MarketAnalyzer has 'randomized' the contents of each category!!

So my question is why has the order of the contents changed????
    Thanks,
    iq

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

You mentioned that you have auto sort enabled. This would cause the behavior you are describing. The Market Analyzer will sort the columns every time your predefined time is reached.

I am not sure what the exact column you are using is or how it is calculating data. It is possible that there is a slight difference in the data that it is recognizing each time it sorts the columns, resulting in the change you are seeing.

If you provide more information about this particular column and what it is calculating we could test on our end and see if we receive the same results.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

You can see which row has the sorting on by the triangle.I am setting the value as 1 and -1 for the indicator. I'll upload pictures wityh the values in the column...

So back to my question, why is the row order changing in each block if the data is staying the same for each row?
      Last edited by iq200; 01-28-2020, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

Yes, I can see which one is sorting but I have no information about what kind of column that is and what calculations it uses to arrive at the 1, -1 determination. How this data is calculated will help to determine if the data is in fact staying the same for each row. It could be that there are slight differences. Providing us more information about this column would allow us to test here and see if we receive the same results then, if we do, if these results are expected.

Is it a column that came with the platform, or is it a custom addon?

Do you experience the same if you are sorting by a different column?

I look forward to resolving your inquiry.

Comment

So instead of the colours, I'm just printing the values so you can see that the data content on which Market Analyzer is sorting, is NOT changing.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

We have confirmed this behavior and are reporting it to our development team.

We will follow up with more information once we hear back from them.

Comment

Thanks Melissa. I was going to knock up a test case with a sample indicator .
              I believe the multi-column sorting is on the books - not sure if it will be sorted in the future or not. However, until the multi-column sorting is resolved, may I suggest a solution? Would it be possible to sort the rows such that rows with the same values in a column are sorted by Instrument name? This would be one way to resolve this weird auto-sort issue I reported.

Please let me know when you have more information.

Comment

Hi Melissa,
                Is there any update on this? This bug is driving me up the wall. The Market Analyzer would be so great if this problem was gone.
                Thanks,
                iq

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by NRITV, Today, 01:15 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NRITV
                by NRITV

Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM