Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ichimoku Cloud indicator for NinjaTrader 8

Hello,

With the link below i've downloaded the Ichimoku Cloud indicator, after installing this indicator in NinjaTrader 8 i've noticed that the cloud is printed 26 periods in the future, as i should be, but the SenkouSpan A en SenkouSpan B are not printed 26 periods in the future, they normaly should also be printed 26 periods in the future.
    Does anyone know how this comes?

This indicator was ported from the Ichimoku Cloud indicator for NinjaTrader 7. The Cloud’s points are constructed identically to the NinjaTrader 7 indicator, however the points are then used to construct new SharpDX PathGeometry Figures. 3/24/2021: Modified the Adjust Chart Margins feature so users are prompted when the indicator wants to change the Chart’s Right […]

Hello Jimmy73,

Thanks for your post.

The cloud is displaced by default, but the plots are not.

You can change the Displacement property under Visual to displace the plots 26 bars into the future. The value is left at 0 to be consistent with other indicators, but I may change this default in a future update.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jim,

What you say is true, but when i do this the Tenkansen, the KijunSen and the ChikouSpan also go 26 periods into the future...
      Ik want use this indicator to create a strategy but i can not use the SenkanSpan A and B now.

Comment

Hello Jimmy73,

If you consider that the plot is being presented 26 bars behind the current bar, you could devise your logic so you are making Bars Ago references of 26 for the SenkouSpan plot lines instead of Bars Ago 0 references for the current bar value. You could then use Bars Ago 0 references for the other plot lines.

I look forward to assisting.

Comment

Ok, thanks for the help, I'm going to try it out!

Comment

NT Jim -- I've installed your indicator, and have been working on configuring, per this thread, and can't wrap my head around why you don't simply set the SenkouSpan lines to match up with the cloud? If I set the Visual displacement to 26 that happens, but it displaces the other lines... Apologies if I'm missing something here.

Comment

Hello indy73,

The cloud is drawn forward 26 bars to reflect the study. Using the standard Displacement property will move all plots forward, so I have left the plots as-is and draw the cloud forward using SharpDX and the Cloud Displacement property.

I have attached some examples describing how some conditions can be made.

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Jim,
                I downloaded your Ichimoku Cloud, Conversion Line, Base Line, Span A Span B Lagging Span are not visible when I add the indicator to the chart. I see only cloud but not other lines. Pleas let me know what am I missing here. I tried to reinstalling couple of times as well, still same issue.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	IC.png
Views:	6317
Size:	161.1 KB
ID:	1172489
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello elangosuresh,

Please uncheck "Display Cloud Only" if you would like to see the plot lines.

Comment

hi Jim,
                    Thanks for the examples you shared above. If I'm to use this indicator in a strategy builder, what would be the setups for buy and sell?
                    Last edited by Nyman; 03-13-2022, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Hello Nyman,

I cannot recommend specific buy/sell signals, but I can help with answering questions on how to reference this indicator, and certain parts of it. Since the indicator displaces the cloud by 26 bars, it can be helpful to look at the plot lines with "Display Cloud Only" unchecked to see what you are referencing on the indicator more directly.

SenkouSpanA is greater than SenkouSpanB when a green cloud forms.

SenkouSpanB is greater than SenkouSpanA when a red cloud forms.

I hope this helps for referencing this indictor and setting up specific conditions. If other community members want to share their setups, they are welcome to do so.

Comment

Hi Jim,

can you confirm what the parameters are to get a proper ichimokou cloud + tenkan, kijun, and chikou?

right now i have:

period fast:9
                        period medium: 52
                        period slow:26

cloud displacement: 26
                        displacement: 26

it looks closer to accurate than before, but the Tenkan and Kijun are about 13 bars ahead of where they should.be
                        Last edited by johnme2t2022; 06-13-2022, 12:56 AM.

Comment

Welcome to the forums johnme2t2022!

The defaults are for periods of 9, 26, 52 (Fast, Medium, Slow)

When I made this indicator, I based it off of :

Recode of the IchiCloud indicator. This version plots the cloud, shifted forward, as well as the Tenkan, Kijun, and Chikou lines. There is an option to display the cloud only, or cloud with the lines. Reference: http://www.forexabode.com/technical-analysis/ichimoku-cloud Get the Ichimoku Cloud Indicator for NinjaTrader 8.

The original author linked the study which can give a more technical breakdown of the study and how the periods are used.

(This link is publicly available)

Comment

Hey Jim,
                            I am working on some strategies in NT and I am trying to code against the Ichimoku indicator.
                            I am noticing that the cloud top and bottom isn't in the exposed ISerries collections.
                            What I'd love is the values of the top and bottom line forming the cloud as well as the color of the cloud.

What I'd like to be able to do is see when the price moves above the cloud for instance. I might look to see when the lagging line has crossed above the cloud.

Comment

Welcome to the forums Zinovate!

The cloud is drawn to shade in the the regions of the cloud when the SenkouSpan plots crossover.

Since the cloud is the filled region between two plot lines that cross over, there is no Top and Bottom line. The color of the cloud would be determined by which SenkouSpan is above (greater than) the other.

In post #7 I shared some examples that demonstrate how to set up conditions with this indicator.

Let us know if you are stuck on a specific condition and what you have set up.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Perr0Grande  
                              Started by elderan, Today, 08:03 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes