Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

ChartLagTime -> What kind of chart lag is acceptable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ChartLagTime -> What kind of chart lag is acceptable?

I'm using a 4 year old computer with fine components but they can definitely be upgraded. Wondering whether it's worth it.

I ran the ChartLagTime script today and got -00,28 up to -00,35 which means a delay of 280-350ms, right? Is this fine for quick trading / scalping or would you recommend a computer upgrade?

Thanks!

Hello Orion1504,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately we cannot recommend specific hardware however I can point you to our minimum and recommended specs, if you're not meeting those specs or you're using a complex workspace you may want to consider upgrading components to at least meet the recommended specifications.

You may find those minimum and recommended specs at the link below:Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
    Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Orion, ChartLagTime displays chart lag in seconds and milliseconds to 3 decimal places, so -00.280 to -00.350 is a lag of 280ms - 350ms. To be sure that is accurate, synchronize your PC clock with a time server before testing, and at least once or twice each day to keep synch. Whether or not that lag is acceptable depends on your intended use and trade fill results, but if that was the highest all day, including at fast market times (market open, close, news events), then you are seeing extremely low lag, a lot better than mine, so no need for hardware upgrades IMO.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by PaulMohn, Today, 03:49 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post PaulMohn  
      Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason