Dividend information lost when reloading all historical data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dividend information lost when reloading all historical data

I am using the TDAmeritrade datafeed and I have it set to NOT load all historical data automatically (unchecked "Get data from server" in Market Data options).

If I pull up a stock that I've never viewed before (thus, no data available), it will load the stock name/description and dividend amount as expected (and only one daily bar, due to the above setting, as expected). When I select "Reload all historical data" on the chart, it loads the data properly, keeps the stock name, but loses the dividend data.

Is there a way to prevent this? Is there a way to load the dividend data if it's empty on the client, but available on the server/datafeed?

Thank you,

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

Have you tried checking the dividend settings specifically?

In the 'Market Data' options there is a box next to 'Adjust for dividends;' do you have this option selected?

Additionally, if a dividend is not being calculated by the NinjaTrader database you may manually input this data.

To do so go to Tools->Instruments from the Control Center. Search for the stock you would like to adjust and double left-click on it. Scroll down and near the bottom of the Properties menu you will find the 'Dividends' field. Click on the box next to this field to open the Dividends menu. Select add then configure your dividend.

Here is some more information about how they are handled in the platform:

Please let us know if you have any further questions.
    Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for the reply. Yes, I enabled that "adjust for dividends" but it is still not populating.

Yes, I realize that I can enter this information manually, however, if the data is available from the datafeed, why doesn't it populate/stay populated?

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

If you go to the instruments menu and search for one of the stocks in question, do you see dividends listed in that 'dividends' section of the menu?

If not, are you able to manually enter the dividend information then test the data?

Unfortunately we do not have a live TD Ameritrade account we can use to test items such as this or I would look myself.

I look forward to resolving your inquiry.

Comment

Hello,

I had a couple of follow up questions that may assist me with resolving your inquiry.

My lead has let me know he has access to a TD Ameritrade test account so that we may try to replicate this on our end. Which instrument(s) are you experiencing this with?

Additionally, if you test with 'Get Data From Server' enabled do you experience anything different? 'Reloading all historical data' would overwrite the local historical data you were using that reflected the dividends and refresh it with data from the server regardless of this setting being enabled.

Thank you in advance; I look forward to resolving this inquiry.

Comment

What setting did you change, Dominique?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
            47 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post aligator  
            Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM