Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT8, Stock Camarilla Pivots Indicator is Lacking...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8, Stock Camarilla Pivots Indicator is Lacking...

Hi - glad to see there's a Cam Pivots study supplied w/NT8. However, I just threw a copy of this onto a 4m chart, using Daily Cams and noticed the price levels only show for the current day. That's ok for some of same day trading, but is really lacking and inadequate. For example, daily trading often times involves the previous day's Cam levels, which currently don't show.

So, am I missing something, in which case, pls clue me in on having previous day's levels show? Or, if not, how about having someone complete the indicator and have an option to display previous day levels, all the way back to the beginning of the chart?

Same for Weekly/Monthly timeframes, too..
    Last edited by AMATX; 01-29-2020, 04:39 PM.

Hello AMATX,

I'm seeing this thread is in the NinjaScript Indicator Development section of the forums.

Do you have a custom script you are developing in C# that you are wanting assistance with the code of?

Or are you requesting changes to an existing script that you are not planning to code yourself?
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chelsea - I wasn't sure which forum to use for this; the Indicator Development one or in the Platform issues forum. If needs to go elsewhere, lemme know and I'll move it.

This is in regards to the Camarilla Pivots indicator that is included with NT8, not something developed elsewhere.

So, where should I post this and more importantly, is anyone there at NT HQ who is going to address the incompleteness of this indicator?

Comment

Hello AMATX,

Thank you for confirming you are asking about the existing indicator and you are not developing one.
        I've moved this thread to the NinjaTrader 8 Platform Technical Support section of the forums.

Unfortunately, the Camarilla pivots indicator included with NinjaTrader does not have the functionality to show the pivots for previous sessions.

I will submit a feature request on your behalf for the NinjaTrader Development to consider this.
        Once I have a tracking ID for this, I will post in this thread for future reference.

Should you want a custom indicator with this functionality created at your request, you can also contact a professional NinjaScript Consultant who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. The NinjaTrader Ecosystem has affiliate contacts who provide educational as well as consulting services. Please let me know if you would like our business development follow up with you with a list of affiliate consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request.

Comment

Hello AMATX,

(edit)
          I have received tracking ID# SFT-4605 for this request to show Camarilla pivots for every session.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Our Production Manager wanted to be sure you were aware that as you scroll the chart the does change session to session. He made a video to demonstrate.
          Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.
          Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 02-06-2020, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Chelsea, your description of what 4605 is going to fix makes no sense and appears to have nothing to do with my request for Cam pivot levels to show on the chart for previous days. ??????

The video you pointed to does show scrolling back in time, filling in with Cam pivots, which is an improvement. However, what most charting programs do is fill in the pivots for the entire chart, so that one can view multiple days at once, without having to scroll the chart.

Comment

Hello AMATX,

My apologies, that description came from another request. I double checked the SFT is correct, I just posted the wrong description.

Corrected above.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
              6 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post alifarahani  
              Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
              1 response