working orders vs accepted orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

working orders vs accepted orders

When I place an order with an ATM, the Ninja orders screen shows one as "accepted" and one as "working". They are both buy to cover. One is a stop loss and one is a profit target.
    What is the difference between accepted and working?
    Is one on the server and the other not?

Hello StevenNelson,

Thank you for your post.

When you submit a default ATM (meaning you're not changing specific preferences in the chart trader for how ATM strategies are handled) you submit both a Stop Market Order and a Limit order for your take profit.

The limit order will be accepted and working on the market as a limit order.

However the Stop market order is going to be submitted and accepted but not working. This is because the Stop Market order isn't an actual order that can be filled, it's a placeholder for a market order when the stop price it hit. It's still accepted so it's at the exchange but the stop market won't actually fill, it's going to become a market order when your price is hit.

Where your orders reside will depend upon who you are connected to however generally Orders in a state "Accepted" or "Working" are at the brokerage or exchange. If the exchange does not support a specific order type, the order will be active on your providers servers.

For more information on where your orders reside please visit the link below:Please let me know if I may assist you further.
    Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by DavidHP, Today, 07:56 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
    Started by kujista, Today, 06:23 AM
    3 responses
    0 likes