Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT8 Unhandled Exception: The specified Visual is not a descendant of this Visual.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 Unhandled Exception: The specified Visual is not a descendant of this Visual.

Hello Support,

I got this NT8 exception error this morning while closing a workspace.

I've attached a screenshot of the Log and uploaded a copy of the NT8 Log.

Can you pls have a look and let me know what I may have done wrong using NT8 or if this exception can be fixed.

Thank you
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 07-12-2018, 06:01 AM.

After downloading the trace files, I removed your trace files from your post. Do not post log/trace files in a public location like these forums as they may contain sensitive information. Typically, if we need files we'd have to move off the forums to email support to give you the required level of detailed assistance.

With that said, I have the files and will be analyzing them.

In the meantime, could you tell me more about when and how this occurred? Did this cause any other symptoms? Or was it only a message in your log?

Does it reoccur every time you close a workspace? or did it only occur the one time and has not occurred again? If you're able to reproduce the issue, what exact steps are you taking?

Comment

Thanks for the heads up about the log files and removing them.

I've been getting this error last few days, but only when testing while using playback. I've haven't gotten this error while connectted live to kinetic.

The error has only happend while closing the workspace after testing using playback.

Steps:
      1. Pause playback
      2. Close and Save Workspace
      3. Workspace begins to close, and I get the usual warning how Alerts from Market Analyzer will be closed down. I click OK
      4. Then an additional dialog box opens with the Exception error. I click OK
      5. Workspace finishes closing.

I can't seem to reproduce the error but it will crop up eventually again while in plaback and the exception ends up being only a log entry as far as I can tell.

I will try and keep track of my most immediate actions while in playback to see if I can help narrow down what might be triggering the exception.

Do you want me to notifiy you all again when it happens ?

Comment

Yes, definitely update me if/when it occurs again or if you can reliably reproduce the message. I'll continue to look deeper into the meaning of the error 'stack' I can see in the trace file you provided.

Do you use the same workspace for playback and live data? Or do you use separate workspaces?

When the exception occurs, do you have to force NinjaTrader closed? Or are you able to exit NinjaTrader normally and/or continue using NinjaTrader without issue?

Comment

I typically develop while using playback using a "playback only" workspace. That way I can make chgs is "workspace" components (ie alerts) and have to pushed forward into a "Live data" workspace.

When I need to make any major change I will save the playback workspace "as" a new playback workspace.

When I am finished developing,

1. I stop and disconnect from playback
          2. Save playback workspace "as live data workspace"
          3. Close Live data workspace
          4. Connect to kinetic
          5. Re-open Live data workspace

When the exception happens, the playback workspace will already be closed and since the exception occured, I will restart Ninjatrader to provide a fresh memory address space to begin working from.

Following the exception, Ninjatrader is still very operational. For example after the exception, I will disconnect playback and restart NT as normal.

Comment

Thanks for the details.

I'd like to gather some more files from your installation of NinjaTrader so we can learn a bit more about why this is occurring.

Please write into PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com with a link to this forum thread and '1938329 ATTN Patrick G' so we can work together in more detail towards a resolution for what you're experiencing.

Comment

OK. I've emailed.

Thanks

Comment

Hello Support,

The exception has occured again.

This time I as working on an indicator and using the output window to help debug. I lett the output window open while closing the workspace and while it was closing I received he exception.

I've uploaded a screen scrape of the exception.

Please let me know.

Thank you
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello Support,

The exception has occured again.

This time I was working on an indicator and printing approx. 4K lines to the Output window while debuging.

In between code changes and testing, I would Clear the output window and send another 4K lines to the output window on each test.

I had finished working on the indicator and tried to close the Ouput Window. The Output Window closed successfully but I immediately got this same exception.

I've tried a couple of more time to reproduce the error, but I couldn't.

However it does look like the "closing" the Output Window, at times, will produce this exception.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thank you

Comment

Thanks for the details. The Development Team is still taking a look into the files you sent me via email. For reference, the public ticket number for this is 1938593 and the internal tracking number is QA-3923.

I'll forward these updates to the Development Team. For ease of tracking, please provide further updates via email and be sure to either respond to the last email I sent you or reference 1938593/QA-3923 if you're writing in a new message.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Lumbeezl, 01-11-2022, 06:50 PM
                    31 responses
                    1 like
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Adrian  
                    Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
                    5 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick