Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backup can't be restored

Hi everyone.

Recently, I had to reinstall my NT8 Version 8.0.20.1 (64 bit).
    I am doing my backups diligently every day.
    I even verify the backup integrity once a week.

This time, after reinstalling my NT8, I used my backup to reinstall all my indicators and strategies.
    Unfortunately, after the upload, I receive the following message: NinjaScript files can’t be restored, since they would corrupt your installation.

This message appears for any backup used.

What can be done to reload my indicators, strategies and add-ons?

Thank you,

Dan

Hello Dan_D_Trader,

Thanks for posting to the forums.

This indicates that the file structure of your PC has changed so the references to your assemblies are no longer the same. To resolve this the files will need to be manually added and have the correct references added. Follow the steps below to complete this.
    • Exit NinjaTrader
    • Show the extensions of your files: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...ions=windows-7
    • Change the extension of your NinjaTrader backup file to .zip by right clicking on the file and selecting Rename
    • Open the zip file and go to 'bin\Custom'
    • Open the following directory within Windows: Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom
    • Copy the contents within the backup folder into the NinjaTrader folder
    • Start NinjaTrader and go to Tools> Edit NinjaScript> Indicator
    • Select ANY indicator and press OK
    • Add references to your assemblies and compile: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/m...yReference.mp4
    Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

In your instructions you state on the fifth step:
      - Open the following directory within Windows: Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom

I am using NinjaTrader 8 and not 7. Is the procedure remains valid for NT8?

Also, it is not only the scriptfiles that cannot be restored but any backuped element.

Dan

Comment

Hello Dan,

Thank you for the reply.

Yes, these items are stored in Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom for NinjaTrader 8. THe procedure would be the same with slightly different directory locations.

Copying the contents of the backup folder to their appropriate locations (e.g. Workspaces to Workspaces, Templates to Templates) will restore those items as well.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.
        Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello. I'm having the same problem and followed the steps as you indicated. I see all my strategy folders and the correct strats from the back-up in the correct bin locations in my PC file explorer, but when I open NinjaEditor I don't see the same file list in the NinjaScript Explorer

The one part of your directions I couldn't follow was the below, because when I go to tools I don't see an option for Edit NinjaScript, I'm using Ninja8.. is that a Ninja7 thing?
          • Start NinjaTrader and go to Tools> Edit NinjaScript> Indicator
          I tried one other thing, where I renamed one of the missing strategies to a .zip and tried importing using the Import AddOn, but then i get an error "Unhandled exception: End of Central Directory record could not be found.

Anyway, any further thoughts on this would be helpful.
          Thanks

Comment

Hello stewarco,
            In NT8, goto New -> NinjaScript Editor -> select any indicator & compile (F5).
            You can copy the strategy also to nt directory & compile will work. Look for any errors after compiling.
            Hope it helps!

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Marco View Post
              [*]Add references to your assemblies and compile: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/m...yReference.mp4[/LIST]Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
              Hey NinjaTrader_Marco

I have just one DLL I'm trying to add; NinjaTrader.Custom.dll. When I follow the steps to add this reference I actually get the following error: "You cannot reference the "NinjaTrader.Custom.dll" in the NinjaScript Editor. Please remove this reference." This is on NT8.

Can you advise?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post love2code2trade  
              Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes