Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy or Sell MIT using Hot Key

Hi Guys good morning...

I'm starting to test Ninjatrader as a viable solution instead of the TWS from interactive brokers and I have a few doubts or requests.

1- I would like to insert a buy or sell MIT order on chart trading automatically: Example, If I hit F1, it will insert a buy MIT order, using the number of contracts and strategy that are already selected at my chart trader and this order is positioned where my mouse is on the screen. How could I do that?

2- As soon as the order is on the screen but not executed yet, I would like to visualize where are the stop loss and take profit from the selected strategy. I noticed that they only appear after the execution of the main OCO order. I would like to view and be able to edit them before the execution of the main OCO order.

3- I'm using Ninjatrader to connect to a InteractiveBrokers paper trading account with real time data. I noticed too that sometimes to load a chart (2 or 5 minutes timeframe), loading the lasts 2 days of data, It takes me sometime 10 to 15 minutes to load the chart. It is a very simple chart with a few EMAs, only on chart, on a exclusive machine that is running only ninjatrader 8 at 64bits.

Thanks in advance for you help.

Tulio.

Hello,

Thanks for writing in today.

You can use Hot Keys to place orders, however these would be more related to market orders and would not be able to manage where your mouse is currently on a chart. More information can be found below in our Help Guide article regarding this topic:

You would want to, before order submission, pre-determine where you want the stop loss and profit targets are to be initially placed once the entry order is submitted- these orders would not be placed before entering the market, as this could produce undesirable results such as hitting the profit target before entry and being in a position you don't intend to be in. These orders can be modified on the chart once the entry order has been filled by clicking on the order marker, then moving to the desired level and clicking again.

I believe the long load time might be expected due to the current behavior of the IB API and NinjaTrader. IB only allows 60 historical data chunks to be requested every 10 minutes. A chunk of historical data roughly equates to 2 days of minute data. The IB adapter attempts to queue chunk requests at a rate of 5 seconds per request. This is in an attempt to prevent hitting the pacing violation. With this information, it is easy to see why large historical requests can take time when using IB. I experience long load times on my end as well with this connection. The most important thing here is that you are running the supported version of TWS which is 973.2.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

1 - Is there an option or script that can be activated using hotkeys that place a buy/sell limit or MIT buy/sell, one tick higher or lower of the previous candle?

2- Another thing, If you allow me I can record a short video from a platform that I use where the chart trading is used to place orders using the mouse.... In my opinion it is the best chart trading system that I have ever seem, unfortunately It is only available at the Brazilian market. As an improvement suggestion for a next version.

3- Is there a way where I can make the charts faster to load? I'm using IB Gateway 972.1v which is the last one available at IB website..

Comment

1. This is possible however would require custom programming. Are you interested in programming this yourself with C# or would you be interested in a someone coding this project for you?
        2. Within NinjaTrader there is an option to trade directly from the chart using the Chart Trader feature. I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over Submitting Orders in Chart Trader.3. There is not a setting within NinjaTrader that can changed to force data to be loaded faster. The only work around would be to connect to another provider that does not have this limitation. If you are looking for a data provider for real time and historical data I recommend using Kinetick: (Our Preferred Data Feed Service Built Specifically for NinjaTrader) which provides historical Tick, Minute and Daily data for Equities, Futures and Forex.
        I have also provided a link below that goes over all supported providers, the assests that they support and the data they offer.

Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I would be interested in someone developing it for me.

I have analysed kinetick but they do not offer real time Data for CFD's... Am I right?

Comment

For additional information on having this project coded for you please contact our sales team at platformsales[at sign]ninjatrader.com.

Correct currently Kinetick does not provide data for CFDs.
            Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by rocketman7, Today, 09:41 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
            Started by frslvr, 04-11-2024, 07:26 AM
            9 responses
            1 like