BUG: Strategies not in sync with the configuration dialog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BUG: Strategies not in sync with the configuration dialog

I have encountered a very serious bug involving strategies. I observed that in the master Strategies tab there were multiple instances of a strategy running. However, when the Strategies button was clicked on the associated chart, the configuration dialog did not show any strategies enabled. I mainly use the latter method to configure strategies, and this caused massive confusion about what was enabled. I discovered the problem because extra, unexpected orders were being entered and this caused me excess losses. The view of what is configured should be consistent!

Hello aworldnervelink,

Thank you for your reply.

This is not a bug, this is expected behavior. A strategy that is launched from the Strategies tab will not show up in the strategies tab of a chart opened to that instrument, as the strategy was not applied to the chart itself.

All running strategies will be listed on the Strategies tab. If you ever have concerns about what is, and what is not running, this is where you should be checking, not the Strategies menu accessible from a chart - this will ONLY show strategies configured on that individual chart.

It is also noted in our help guide that all enabled or disabled configured strategies will be shown on the Strategies tab:

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Kate... I have NEVER configured a strategy directly from the Strategies tab, I only do it through the chart. That being said, I think recompilation is part of the issue here. I have been making improvements to my strategy and I suspect that if it is recompiled it no longer shows up on the chart dialog, even though it may still be running at a master level. I still believe that this is confusing behavior, but I will utilize the main strategy tab as the source of truth moving forward.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM
      115 responses
      1 like
      Last Post kevinenergy  
      Started by prdecast, Today, 06:07 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH