Market Analyzer enhancements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Analyzer enhancements

I'd like this post to become a feature request. Please respond with a tracking number. If possible I'd like the NT user community to see and vote on it. (I don't know if/how it's possible to do that.)

The Market Analyzer window hasn’t changed that much from NT7. I’d like to suggest an enhancement to it that would be tremendous improvement.

Indicator Plots
    Presently, when a user adds an indicator we may only select one of the plots that the indicator provides.
    1. Instead the MA should automatically create columns for all of the plots.

2. The column headings for the collection of plots should be displayed in a group column header – that is a column header with two rows. The bottom row of the header should have all of the columns for the plots and display the name of each plot. The top row should have one column that spans the plot columns and simply contain the name. The top row serves to visually identify the collection of plots as belonging to a single indicator.

3. A user may right click on the indicator column header to get a context menu with a menu item to configure…

a. In the dialog box that pops up the user may configure the indicator’s properties and choose the plots to hide or show.

4. A user may right click on the column header and get a context menu with a menu item to hide or show plots. Each plot that the indicator offers should be listed in a submenu with check marks indicating if they’re on or off.

These feature set has the following advantages over the present offering.

1. Presently we have to add the same indicator multiple times and each time choose a different plot.

a. This is VERY time consuming and a real pain in the neck to keep the settings consistent.

b. If we want to change a setting we have to change it for all the indicators while making sure the settings match each other. Again very time consuming.

2. Performance? NinjaTrader must run the same indicator multiple times instead of just once.

Performance
    The MA performance declines as more and more symbols are added to it. I’d like it to be able to handle loading 500 symbols without much lag. Try loading all the stocks in S&P 500. You will wait a long time for it to load.

Hello Brillo,

Thank you for your suggestion.

I have added a vote for you to a current feature request to better handle indicator columns with multiple plots. This request is being tracked under the number SFT-3167. As to your performance note, it would be expected that a Market Analyzer in which your are loading data for every stock in the S&P 500 would take some time to load - you have to get data for all of those, then calculate each column. This requires a lot of PC resources, and performance in these cases tends to be heavily dependent on your computer's resources.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

What are the requirements specified in SFT-3167? I'm specifically looking for the features I listed.

Comment

Hello Brillo,

Thank you for your post.

SFT-3717 covers better handling of indicator columns with multiple plots and your comments have been added.

Comment

Please add my vote as I've asked for similar improvements in the past but nothing has been done! The Market Analyser is a brilliant tool but very ineffecient and cumbersome to set up when using multiple indicators (and plots) and multiple time frames. I've asked for Market Analyser Indicator templates and Market Analyser Column templates as options to improve effeciency - the tracking numbers are floating around the feature request graveyard somewhere!

Comment

I thought I'd try dig up the past feature requests around this topic:
            DATE - 11-09-2017, 11:35 AM - feature request ID is SFT-2178 - https://ninjatrader.com/support/forum/forum/ninjatrader-8/platform-technical-support-aa/97672-market-analyzer-column-presets
            DATE -
            03-19-2018, 11:03 AM - No feature request ID given - https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...lumn-templates
            Last edited by TraderYoda; 02-08-2020, 05:38 AM.

Comment

Please add my vote to this feature requests nr. SFT-3167
              thx

Comment

Hello TraderYoda and guidoisot,

Thank you for your posts.

I have added a vote for each of you to SFT-3167.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:56 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post kempotrader  
                Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:54 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes