Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time and Sales- Setting Colors

Hello,
    I have a question about setting colors in the time and sales window. I would like to configure the collors to show green when price goes up and red for when price goes down. Can you please tell me what setting I should use for for colors on the Bid and Ask"
    Also what is the difference between "at bid foreground" and "bid foreground?
    Thank you

Hello Newtrader101,

Thank you for your post.

The Time and Sales window is able to show you where other trades are executing at, above the ask, at the ask, at the bid, or below the bid. This isn't necessarily showing if the price is going up or down but just where trades are being executed.

However, you may change the colors that are being used by right-clicking on the T&S window and selecting 'Properties' and then expanding the 'Colors' Section.

Below I have included a link to our NinjaTrader Help Guide on the Properties definitions for the T&S window:Lastly, the difference between 'at bid foreground' and 'bid foreground' is that 'bid foreground is bid data which may be seen by enabling the 'Price - bid' option. Then 'at bid foreground' are trades executed at the bid price.

Spencer F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you.
      Im sorry but I dont understand the different between "at bid foreground" and "bid foreground".

Comment

Hello Newtrader101,

Thank you for your note.

The difference between these two is the color of the text for trades executed at the bid price (at bid foreground) and the text for Level 1 Bid data (bid foreground) you are able to display by enabling the 'Price - bid' option under 'General' in the Properties window.

The same is true for the ask options as well.

Comment

I too got confused by this. Are you saying that Bid/Ask data isn't a trade? Is Bid/Ask data when bid/ask amounts change without a trade (e.g. canceled)?

Comment

Hello clabough,

Thank you for your post.

The Time and Sales window will only print executions at the Ask or Bid prices in the color determined in the Properties window.

If the Ask and Bid prices change without an execution nothing is printed in the Time and Sales window.

To further clarify Ask and Bid data I have included a publicly available link below:

Comment

Sorry, that doesn't help. I know what bid and ask and spread are. It doesn't explain how NT differentiates between the bid price and bid data.

Comment

I have been going crazy trying to figure this out and can't find anything about it... what is the difference between "at bid foreground" vs "bid foreground" in Time and Sales?! and why by default is it colored they way they are?! This is my best guess.. "At Bid" is the Tick Down and just "Bid" is absorption of the selling pressure (bullish) and reverse for "At Ask".
                Felt compelled to share cause this took me way too long to figure out on my own.
                Hope this helps anyone searching the depths for details like this!

Comment

oh wow, never mind, bid is literately just the bid, or ask, at top of book. not the actual time and sales... more order book.. geez

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
                  6 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post alifarahani  
                  Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH