Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Only loading current session on IB tick data and reload historical data grayed out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only loading current session on IB tick data and reload historical data grayed out

I have saved several days of IB tick data in my historical data base. It all shows up there fine. When I load a chart using this data it only loads the current session and will not allow me to go further back and load several days. I have asked to load 3 days in the data series "days to load" prompt. My trading hours are set for ETH as I normally do. The reload historical data button is grayed out. All my minute charts in the same workspace work as they should. The issue is only with the tick charts. I have tried loading the charts when connected to IB and when not connected and get the same result. I just cannot pull more than the current session of the historical tick data even though I obviously have more saved. Oh, I have also tried checking and unchecking the "show tick replay prompt" and it doesn't solve the issue. Thanks for your assistance.

Hello diver,

As Interactive Brokers does not supply historical tick data to NinjaTrader, this would have to be recorded from real-time data with the Tools > Market Data > Record live data as historical options.

May we have a screenshot showing the data in the Tools > Historical Data window in the Edit section?

May we also have a screenshot of the chart with the Properties > Show date range checked and enabled?

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Comment

The first sentence in my post I said I SAVED to my historical data base from IB. I understand the procedure for using IB tick data. That's why I was writing to you for help. Because even though I saved it and it shows up I cannot load more that one session and there is no option for reloading historical data.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello diver,

When you mention "SAVED to my historical data base from IB", this can be a little confusing because you cannot save a historical database from Interactive Brokers in NinjaTrader. It must be recorded in real-time and are saved as special historical data files but are not saved in the NinjaTrader database which contains the order information.

That said, I see you are showing data available for February 6th and 7th. But I am not seeing the screenshot of the chart.. Does this have a different link?

Reloading historical data comes from connected provider. You will not be able to reload historical tick data from Interactive Brokers as Interactive Brokers does not provide historical tick data to NinjaTrader. This means when on a chart with a tick based bar type, Reload Historical Data will be grayed out and will not be selectable.

Comment

Now I'm not understanding you. So I guess the question remains---I have the box checked to save live data as historical. NT8 has done that. I open a tick based chart during live session or off hours and I only can load the current session of tick based data. It will not load and further back than the current 1 session even though there is more saved. Is this normal? Is there any way to get more than one session of data to load?

Comment

screenshot of chart
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello diver,

NinjaTrader will automatically load any historical data that is saved.

Thank you for the screenshot of the chart. May I also have a screenshot of the chart with Properties > Show date range checked and enabled?

See post #2 for a link to the help guide.
                I have saved several days of IB tick data in my historical data base. It all shows up there fine. When I load a chart using this data it only loads the current session and will not allow me to go further back and load several days. I have asked to load 3 days in the data series "days to load" prompt. My trading hours

Comment

ok, here it is
                  Attached Files

Comment

??????? Are we done?

Comment

Hello diver,

This appears to be the Data Series window.

May I have a screenshot of the chart with the Properties > Show date range checked and enabled?

Attached I am providing an example of screenshot of a chart that has Show data range enabled.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
                        Hello diver,

This appears to be the Data Series window.

May I have a screenshot of the chart with the Properties > Show date range checked and enabled?

Attached I am providing an example of screenshot of a chart that has Show data range enabled.
                        Hi Chelsea, I decided that I'll only use the tick data for the session it's loading. So more than the current session won't be necessary. I appreciate all your time and effort to try and solve the problem. As always I am grateful to the NT staff and what you do. Thanks again.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post Christopher_R  
                        Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                        166 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post sidlercom80