Order Flow Volume Profile bug or "hiccup"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order Flow Volume Profile bug or "hiccup"

I have Volume Profile attached to a chart. "Profile period" is set to "Composite", "Composed by" is set to "Weeks back", and "Weeks back" is set to "1". My intent is to show the profile for the current week only; as the current week develops, the total volume within the profile grows for that week only as the week progress from Monday to Friday.

The issue arises when I have "Display in margin" unchecked or set to false. With this unchecked/false, it shows me the option to set "Profile width (%)". When I check the "Display in margin" or set it to true, the "Profile width (%)" turns into "Profile width (px)". That is perfectly fine.

However, if I had "Profile width (%)" set to some number less than "100", then when I turn on "Display in margin", the px number I input into "Profile width (px)" changes the whole margin width. Buuuuuut the percentage will still carry over (i.e., whatever value I have in "Profile width (%)") and the profile will display as that percentage within the margin, yet I can no longer change the "Profile width (%)" because that option is hidden.

For example, if I have "Profile width (%)" set to 50 and then I check "Display in margin", the whole margin will be whatever I set in "Profile width (px)" but the profile will span 50% of the whole margin regardless of what I have "Profile width (px)" set to. ...hope that makes sense.

To fix this, I have to uncheck "Display in margin" and then change "Profile width (%)" back to "100", then hit Apply, then re-check "Display in margin" and set my pixel width for the composite profile. This is actually kind of nice because I can adjust the whole margin size as well as the percentage of the whole pargin that the profile takes up. But it's clear that the indicator properties were not written with the intent to accomplish this.

I suggest just leaving the "Profile width (%)" option visible/usable even when "Display in margin" is checked. So maybe, when "Display in margin" is checked/true, have properties "Profile margin width (px)" and "Profile width (% of margin)" be displayed as properties. This will then allow the user to fully control the expected behavior when "Display in margin" is checked, without having to go back and forth.

I know this is not a big deal; just wanted to point it out. Maybe there is a better way to do what I want? My version is 8.0.20.1 64-bit, if that matters.

Hello tony.ioc,

Thank you for your note.

I have submitted your suggestion to our development team as a feature request.

Let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
    15 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
    Started by The_Sec, Today, 02:29 PM
    1 response
    0 likes