CFDs showing historical account currency position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CFDs showing historical account currency position

When using the Interactive Brokers CFDs (e.g EUR/USD) in Chart Trader the current position is the overall Interactive Brokers account position regarding the currency pair. This makes it unworkable. Due to historical stock transactions of many years ago that have nothing to do with currently trading the CFD I am for example seeing a current position and line in the chart at a rate of 1,24208 while the current rate is around 1,17. With the result that the chart trader is unreadable and unworkable

When showing the current position, only the position in the CFD instrument should be shown (not the historical account currency position).

Addition to the previous message. I discovered that I used the Forex instrument EUR.USD and not the CFD @EUR.USD.

So I am not sure if it happens for the currency CFDs. I do not have a chart for the CFD. Will raise a separate issue for that.

Comment

Forex CFDs are not mapped for use with Interactive Brokers. Forex and stock CFDs in general are not supported through Interactive Brokers. There is an active feature request to add support for these instrument types from Interactive Brokers (SFT-319). I've added a vote for you.

Comment

Hi - Found this (and others) whilst trying to figure out how to get IB Forex CFD's working in Ninja. This is a couple years old now. Can I ask if Forex CFD's are supported yet? I cannot see any mappings in my instruments lists for IB symbols, though I have been trying to create some. Am I wasting time (if it will not work?).

Thanks.

Comment

Hello pjsmith,

Thank you for your post.

Stock and FX CFDs are still not supported with Interactive Brokers.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
          Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
          Started by yertle, Today, 08:38 AM
          5 responses
          0 likes