• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Date format changed in UI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Date format changed in UI

Not sure this is NT related. When selecting dates, such as on opening a chart or in the strategy analyzer, I used to see the format dd-mm-yy, now it suddenly changed to mm/dd/yyyy. Was there a platform update?

Only thing I can think of is I set the Windows clock to sync with time.microsoft.com. But then cancelled it, and tried different date/time/locale settings in Windows, it didn't change the format in NT.

How can I get it back to show dd-mm-yy?

Thanks.

Hello digibob,

Thank you for your post.

NinjaTrader will use the formatting set by Windows.

If you are using Windows 10 you may adjust the formatting using the steps below:
    • Close down NinjaTrader
    • Right-click on your clock on your Windows Taskbar
    • Select 'Adjust Time/Date'
    • Next Select 'Date, Time, & regional settings'
    • Then 'Change data formats'
    • Select the desired setting for the 'Short date' option
    • Closeout the window and reopen NinjaTrader
    Then for Windows 7 I have included a publicly available link on the same process:
    Spencer F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Spencer. Thank you for your reply. I did all that before and it didn't help. I tried it again now and strangely, the date format in strategy analyzer has finally reverted to dd-mm-yy (good) while the Data Series window on opening a chart continues to show mm/dd/yyyy (not good). How come the difference?

Comment

Hello digibob,

Thank you for your reply.

It appears that this window is hardcoded to only display as mm/dd/yyyy.

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team to follow the same settings as Windows similar to the Strategy Analyzer window I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Comment

Thanks, Spencer. It's odd, I could swear I worked before with dd-mm-yy format in the chart data series window. My memory fails me it seems.

Comment

Here's a hint: when clicking New > Chart to open a new chart, the dates format is mm/dd/yyyy. When opening the same window for an existing chart, the dates format is dd-mm-yy.
            I knew I saw it before.

What happens is I can't copy-paste a date from an existing chart to a new one, because the format is different!

In addition this window is not the only one with the date format hardcoded. Playback dates ignore the Windows setting too. So I can't copy-paste there either!

How about simply letting all the dates throughout the platform use the format set in the OS. That would solve the mess.

Comment

Hello digibob,

Thank you for your patience.

I have clarified this to the Development Team to ensure have all dates within the platform to follow the OS settings.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-4636. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ease_notes.htm

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by HiddenPhilosopher, Yesterday, 11:58 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NT-Roland  
              Started by vofupba6, Today, 02:54 AM
              0 responses