Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Charts opened from Strategy Analyzer Trades don't respect the chosen Trading hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charts opened from Strategy Analyzer Trades don't respect the chosen Trading hours

I created a custom trading hours session ( attached in zip file ). I used it in the Strategy Analyzer. Based on the performance results I'd say that the template is in fact being used by the SA. However when I look at the Trades list and open a chart from the Trade List ( right click any entry ), The chart doesn't look like it's drawing from the custom session template. Instead it looks identical to a chart that's created from the CME US stock index futures ETH template. If I open a chart outside of SA and use the custom template, then the chart looks to be drawn using the session template.
    I attached a screen shot showing 2 SA's with their respective charts opened above the SAs. The SA on the left uses the custom template, the SA on the right uses the CME US Stock index futures ETH template. You can see that the charts look the same ( different trades cuz I used diff strats ). Below the SAs are the charts opened directly from Control Center window. These charts below look correct.

Looks to me like there's a bug in the SA open chart that id defaults to default template instead of picking up the one that the strategy was run on. I am able to change the template to match the one that strategy was run on by editing that chart's properties. But it should automatically match the one used in the SA.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	290
Size:	597.4 KB
ID:	1086964

Hello Brillo,

Thanks for reporting this behavior. I was able to reproduce.

I'll report to our development and provide you with a tracking ID once I have one.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Brillo,

I've received tracking ID# NTEIGHT-14320 for this behavior where the trading hours template is not respected on charts opened from right-clicking an execution, order, or trade.

As new releases of NinjaTrader 8 become available please check the release notes for this ID. Once listed, please update and test to ensure the behavior is corrected.
      https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Thank you for reporting this.
      Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by ZenCortexCLICK, Today, 04:58 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post ZenCortexCLICK  
      Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM