Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninja Trader 8 Connection Issue - Not reestablishing connections

Hello:

Could you help me with the NinjaTrader Connection Issue?

The logs show the NinjaTrader lost connection at 02:54:15. When I checked in the morning at 06:29:50, the connection status was amber. I disconnected and reconnected and the connection status turned green.

Why does NinjaTrader not reestablishing lost connections?
    I am using FOREX.com

See the attached screenshot.
    Attached Files

Typically, NinjaTrader attempts to reconnect to a connection when the connection is lost. it sounds like, for whatever reason, NinjaTrader could not fully re-establish the connection without a manual disconnect and reconnect event occurring.

To try to learn more about why this occurred, I'll need detailed information from your log and trace files. Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.
    • You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support
    • Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.
    • Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 1941335

Comment

I have sent the e-mail with the attachment.

Comment

Ninja Trader 8 + Forex.com Connection issue

This is follow up post. My connection to Forex.com keeps disconnecting. I don't have any internet connection issues. This has become a serious problem with Forex.com connections. The issue is exasperating because Ninja Traer doesn't reconnect the connections. I have to manually disconnect and connect again. I opened a ticket for this case and Ninja Trader technical support closed the case stating that Forex.com is not accepting the reconnection attempts from Ninja Trader. The only reason I am using Forex.com is that Ninja Trader supports this broker and apparently is the only broker for Forex trading supported on the platform.

See the attached screenshot. Connections have gone down almost every hour to Forex.com
        I need a solution to this problem. This is beyond frustrating.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello ajsdnyyrr1234DDf,

Thank you for your post. Sorry to hear the issues have persisted. Please forward the updated log and trace files via the steps below.

We look forward to assisting further.

Typically, NinjaTrader attempts to reconnect to a connection when the connection is lost. it sounds like, for whatever reason, NinjaTrader could not fully re-establish the connection without a manual disconnect and reconnect event occurring.

To try to learn more about why this occurred, I'll need detailed information from your log and trace files. Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.
          You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support
          Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.
          Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 1941335
          Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have submitted logs via e-mail

Comment

Hello ajsdnyyrr1234DDf,

I have followed up via email as we have not receive your Log and Trace files. Please check your email.
              Originally posted by ajsdnyyrr1234DDf View Post
              I have submitted logs via e-mail

Comment

I'm having the same problem this morning with continuum oanda. It connects and turns green. The charts update, but then freeze with the connection still showing green.

Comment

After manually disconnecting and reconnecting several times, it now sseems to be working fine.

Comment

Hello jrtrader,

Thank you for your responses.

If you see this type of behavior please write to us at platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with your log and trace files.
                    • You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support
                    • Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

jrtrader... You have to put up with this fault. NT will time out if the connection loss is too long.
                      NT is good if only want to day trade. Don't forget to do your daily restart.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post algospoke  
                      Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post maybeimnotrader