Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super DOM Stop Orders

Hi,

Perhaps it is jut me but I cannot seem to submit a stop order on the DOM using the middle mouse button. Yes, I have set this option in the DOM properties window, and yes, I have an ATM strategy in place with a stop loss and profit target, but I keep getting the error message:

"You must select an "*Active ATM Strategy" that contains working stop loss and/or profit target orders first."

And yes, I have set the ATM Strategy Selection Mode set to "Select Active ATM strategy on order submission."

Any advice how to fix this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I am running NT 8.0.19.0 64 bit.

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

First, I see that you're using an older version of NinjaTrader 8. To update NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below:
    • First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
    • Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
    • Enter your license key and press Submit
    • Select 'NinjaTrader 8'
    • Select 'Download'
    • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.
    Next, could you please send us a screenshot of your strategy so we may more accurately assist?

I look forward to resolving your inquiry.
    Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for response Melissa but with all due respect, you've got to be kidding me.

1. I am using the the most recent version of NT8 prior to the current release so my version is not that far out out of date that it should make any difference.
      2. I am well awar eof how to create an ATM strategy. I have a very simple one for testing purposes. The pic is attached. Can we please address the issue with submitting a stop order via your DOM? Thank you.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Zeos6,

Thank you for your response.

Upon testing on my end I was unable to recreate this error message you have reported and thus I am unable to provide a clear solution at this point in time for you.

However, I would love to investigate this further, and so I may assist you. In order to investigate further I would like to request for you to send me your Log and Trace files. This will allow me to have a closer look at what is going on when you try to place the order.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to an email to PlatformSupport(at)NinjaTrader(dot)com

Open your NinjaTrader folder under My Documents.
        Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
        Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to the email.
        Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

I look forward to looking further into this and getting this resolved for you.

Comment

Thank you Brendan. The files have been emailed.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post inanazsocial  
          Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post trilliantrader