Ninja 8 acting eratically

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninja 8 acting eratically

I have been seeing some problems of late that have me wanting to wipe my hard drive and reinstall everything. Ninja 8 and Rythmic have been skipping stops when there is no market volatility costing me $$$ among other things. Not sure is there is a correlation there. I have Ninja set up to automatically rollover instruments (which is a nice feature upgrade btw, when it works) but yesterday CL was traded on the wrong month. Today I looked at the rollovers and I see this https://www.screencast.com/t/l80ZBSma9 Seems odd yes?

Dolfan

What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example:8.0.X.0)

Is your question, 'why isn't CL in the rollover list?' or 'why is RB in the rollover list twice?'

Also, you mention some order submission issues - if you haven't done so already, please write into us via email so we can look into your fills. I believe that is a completely separate issue.

Comment

What is puzzling is, why didn't CL roll automatically like it should have. There were several instruments that I didn't roll but I only noted CL because I traded it. Puzzling today is why are there 2 RBs of the same period trying to roll? This just seems to illustrate to me that there is something amiss.

Not sure about sending and email at this time about the trades. I chalked them up to market slippage at first but then noticed a pattern that I did not document. Will email if I see it continue.

Dolfan

Comment

The CL 09-18 doesn't rollover in NinjaTrader until July 17th. If you want to rollover before that and continue to merge past contracts, you will need to adjust the rollover date:
        • Control Center > Tools > Instruments
        • Locate and select 'CL' > Edit
        • Scroll down and select 'Edit rollovers'
        • Select the '09-18' contract from the 'configured' list
        • Edit the 'rollover date' to any date prior to today > OK > OK > Close
        • Right-click on your chart and select 'reload all historical data'
        • If you do not want your charts to merge back past contracts, you can change your merge policy to 'Do Not Merge' under Control Center > Tools > Options > Market Data > Global Merge Policy.

Below I have provided a link to the Understanding Merge Policies section of the help guide.

Comment

I am not really sure what to make of this reply (hence the late reply).

1. The rollover date for the instrument in question was July 17th.
          2. The trade happened on July 18th.
          3. The question was posed on July 19th when I observed that the instrument had failed to rollover on the correct date using the automated settings.
          Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 07-27-2018, 09:08 AM.

Comment

I moved the second half of your post to its own new thread as it was unrelated to this one. I'll be addressing your new inquiries here. In the future, make sure to create a new thread when a new inquiry is unrelated to the original inquiry in a forum post.

To address this one, I had just completely misunderstood the date(s) I was reading. I apologize about that.

Did you resolve the issue regarding the rollover? If so, what steps did you have to take?

Can you recreate the issue if you switch a chart back to older CL contract? Does the CL appear in the rollover tool?

Comment

No worries Patrick. I have just been more vigilant about checking the rollovers. I still see instruments that must be rolled manually. If i have the system set to run automatically, why do some slip through without rolling?

Dolfan

Comment

Hello Dolfan,

Thanks for the reply.

I am not aware of any auto rollover in NinjaTrader 8. You must go to Tools -> Db management -> click rollover button to rollover all needed contracts. Could you let me know where you are getting this feature from in the user interface?

Edit:

If this procedure above is what you are referring to as automatic, once you complete this procedure, all windows using that instrument should be updated. To reset your instruments and get them up-to-date with the instrument server, follow these steps:

1. Disconnect from any data providers
                2. Reset your instruments by navigating to the Control Center > Tools > Database Management
                3. In the Database Management window, under the “Update instruments” section, ensure that “General properties”, "Futures expiries" and “Symbol mappings” options are checked and then click Update
                4. Lastly, restart NinjaTrader for the changes to occur

Please let me know if this does not resolve your inquiry.
                Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChrisL; 07-27-2018, 01:11 PM.
                Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by warreng86, 11-10-2020, 02:04 PM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post mathewlo  
                Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes