Playback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playback

I think the playback needs more work. Im using marketreplay.com for my historical data, however 80% of the time when I click on the playback box it greys out and the charts go back to another time that i chose or goes back to the beginning again. Every time it happens I waste huge amounts of time waiting for the charts to load up again for it to happen again. When it works it works well.

Sorry. I only grilled NT about regular replay data. I don't have historical data.

Now about your problem: can you be more specific?
    Like when the problem happens - how many work spaces are open?

Is it after several replays?

How much data are you loading? Years of data?
    Custom indicators?

Does removing all indicators help? Can you add indicators back and figure out which is the problem, if any?

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

I have noticed that the longer I'm using it session wise the less it happens, it happens more so when I begin using it

I have one workspace with 4 charts with different time frames.

The daily chart is loaded with 365 days.

The smaller time frames are loaded with 30 days max. One chart with the overnight session another with Globex.

In playback for e.g, I might replay just one day at a time, say 4th April 2018

I plug in the date 4th April to 4th April and the time 08.55

The chart will load then when I click on the playback box it will grey out and revert to 4th April midnight. It will do this a number times. After I swear at it a few times it plays nice and works fine. I just finished with it after working with it for 2 hours.

Tomorrow the same thing will happen. I don't know what causes it, I don't use many indicators, just a basic chart OHC nothing too much and a couple of indicators EMA and Weiss Wave.

When I have time tomorrow I will follow your advice and open a plain chart and see if that helps, then add the indicators I use.

I like using it, and beginning to like the feel of NT8. The workspaces are great, especially the tabs. I use a laptop, XPS 15 32 gigs of ram and the real estate saving with the tabs are fantastic. The crosshair issues have been resolved.

Comment

Sledge,

Indicators aren't the problem.

The problem only occurs when I plug in a specific time then load the chart. Once the charts are loaded to that time and I try to click play then it greys out and diverts back to midnight of that day.

However if I load the chart to the beginning of that day I'm trying to practice, and then press max forward to a specific time the playback works as it should. I can live with this its only a very minor inconvenience for me now that I've worked it out.

It may cause others grief though depending on their needs.

Comment

Now I have another problem. After using playback flawlessly for a couple of hours I now cannot load tick charts. 5 min and hourly charts load to the correct time and date but tick charts will not. All I get is the loading message on the top left hand corner of a blank chart with the dots moving next to it left to right. I left it like that for about 30 minutes and still nothing has loaded.

I tried loading a clean chart with no indicators and all I get is a blank chart, with no loading message

I go to my live data feed and tick charts load instantly
          Last edited by AndyM; 07-23-2018, 03:38 AM.

Comment

Hello AndyM,

Thank you for your note.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to an email to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with "ATTN CHRIS S" in the subject line so I may investigate this matter further.

* Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
            * Right click on the 'log' and a'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
            * Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
            * Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

I look forward to your reply.

Comment

Hi Chris
              The two files requested have been sent

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
              47 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post aligator