• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NinjaTrader_Marco
    replied
    Hello ralett,

Thanks for your reply.

A good example would be the descriptions of the items in the Data Series window of a chart. I've linked below to a video where these pop up:

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.

Leave a comment:

• ralett
    replied
    Marco,

Can you provide a specific example of something, anything, I can hover over in NinjaTrader 8 and actually see a tool tip? I've use NT8 for 2 years and don't recall ever seeing a tool tip even though I have "show tool tips" turned on.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Marco
    replied
    Hello,

Thank you for posting to the forums today.

Tooltips are text labels that appear when the user hovers over, focuses on, or touches an element. The user hovers the pointer over an item, without clicking it, and a tooltip may appear—a small "hover box" with information about the item being hovered over.

The strategy description becomes a hover-able tooptip description when hovering over the strategy name when selecting a strategy, for example.

More information can be found below from the publicly link below which discusses this feature available in many applications and Windows environments:

If you have any further NinjaTrader inquiries we may assist with, please don't hesitate to ask.

Leave a comment:

• ralett
    started a topic Show tool tips

Show tool tips

In the Tools>Options>General menu there is a check box for "show tool tips" which I have checked. The help file has the following text:
    Show tool tips Sets whether description tool tips will be displayed. Note: Tool tips that show cut-off text will still function.
    This does not really tell me what a tool tip is? How or when would I see a tool tip if I have checked "show tool tips"?

Further, the webinar Strategy Builder 301 talks about adding a description to a strategy, which the user will see "as a tool tip" when they are selecting the strategy from "the menu". It does not tell me which menu but the only way I have found to see description information on a strategy or indicator is to click on the "info button" (the letter "i" which is in bold italics) at the top of the indicator list (opposite from the word "available"). However, that "info button" is present regardless of if I have "show tool tips" checked on or off.

So what are tool tips? Where do you see them? When do you see them?

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by mmenigma, Yesterday, 03:25 PM
1 response
0 likes
Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
Started by kujista, Today, 05:44 AM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post kujista
by kujista