Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NinjaScript Utilization Monitor

Hello,

I am looking for information to learn about the use of NinjaScript Utilization Monitor.

What does "Total time" mean? What is the relationship between total time and the NinjaScript? And how can I use this to improve the performance of my NinjaScripts?

Thank you.

Hello KINGKODA,

Thanks for your message.

Total time represents how much CPU time that NinjaScript class has taken since the Utilization Monitor has been opened. Multiple instances of NinjaScripts will be grouped together. The NinjaScripts with the highest "Total Time" values are what are using the most processing time. Removing instances of these scripts, or setting them to use Calculate.OnBarClose can increase performance.

Note that these times are relative and Total time will continue to increase as the platform is run. If you see "Candlesticks" (would be generated from the Candlesticks ChartStyle NinjaScript) or another NinjaScript that is not resource intensive at the top of this window, this would let us know that some of the less resource intensive scripts are the scripts using the most CPU time. This is not a problem, and is a good indication that the platform is not exhibiting performance issues.

Performance tips can be found here - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ance_tips2.htm

We look forward to assisting.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am showing an item in my NinjaScript Utilization Monitor that I want to locate what chart it is on and remove it:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	307
Size:	11.2 KB
ID:	1217370

I have checked all of my charts and such but cant find what is using this resource hog.

Please tell me know to find it.

Comment

Hello xiinteractive,

Thank you for your post.

Custom NinjaScripts can be removed in one of two ways from within NinjaTrader 8:
        • Add-ons can come as packages called 'assemblies'. An assembly can be removed by going to Tools > Remove NinjaScript Assembly > Select the assembly you wish to remove > Remove.
        • To remove NinjaScript individually you can go to New > NinjaScript Editor > Double click on the 'Indicators' (or the relevant) folder > Right click on the add-on you wish to remove and select 'Remove'. Repeat these steps for all add-ons you wish to remove.
        ​Let us know if there's any questions.
        Angelica D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by xiinteractive View Post
          I am showing an item in my NinjaScript Utilization Monitor that I want to locate what chart it is on and remove it:

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	11.2 KB ID:	1217370

I have checked all of my charts and such but cant find what is using this resource hog.

Please tell me know to find it.
          Let's try testing your platform in Safe Mode to verify if this behavior is being caused by a 3rd-party add-on using the steps below.

Safe Mode will prevent NinjaTrader from:
          • Loading workspaces and connecting on start-up.
          • Loading custom assemblies (i.e. 3rd-party add-ons and NinjaScripts)
          • Getting instrument updates from the server

To enable Safe Mode, please use the following steps:
          • Shut down NinjaTrader.
          • Hold the CTRL key and double-click the NinjaTrader icon.
          • Keep holding the CTRL key until you see the Control Center.
          • You may then verify you are in Safe Mode by going to Help -> About.

Once you have opened the platform in Safe Mode:
          • Reconnect to your Data Provider
          • Please open a new chart with no custom bar types/indicators/templates and test for issues.

Does the behavior persist on this blank Workspace in Safe Mode?
          • If not, please try opening your previous workspace by going to the Control Center > Workspaces drop-down. It may already show as being open. Hit 'close' and do not save and then re-open it again for your windows to re-appear. You will notice that no 3rd-party add-ons are running in Safe Mode.

Does the behavior return on your regular Workspace in Safe Mode?
          • If not, restart NinjaTrader, and test for the behavior on your Workspace normally once more with your 3rd-party add-ons available. If this reintroduces issues, I suggest rebuilding your workspace, adding 1 add-on at a time.
          • Please keep track of what add-ons you add back in to identify the cause of the behavior if it returns.

If it does not return, it indicates the error was isolated only to your other Workspace. I also suggest making a backup of your workspace so we can restore a working version of it if the issue returns. You will want to keep this backup file on an external hard drive or uploaded to a cloud drive such as Google Drive, Dropbox, or OneDrive.

To create a backup, go to the Control Center > Tools > Export > Backup File. Additional information about backups may be read in our Help Guide linked below.

Please let me know the results of this test. I look forward to your response.​

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post funk10101  
          Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
          11 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post jeronymite