Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninjatrader running paper trade and real accounts simultaneously

Hello

I would like to run an strategy with a real account and in the same instance of NT8 a couple of simulated strategies. I am connecting to IB through Gateway.

My guess is that I need to create two different config files for IB Gateway, start two instances of the Gateway, set up two connections in NT8 but I do not know how to make sure that each strategy runs against the correct Gateway.

Could you assist me?

Thanks

David

Hello zulok,

Are you trying to use paper accounts from IB or the Sim101 account?

You can run multiple instances of your strategy at a time and select the Live account on one then the others on Sim accounts. If you mean a Paper account held with IB you would need to connect to that data feed for the account to show up. You can find a post which contains some steps that could be used in that situation: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...ccounts-in-nt8

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jesse

I looks that even when I connect NT8 to a paper trade account logged IB Gateway I am not getting teh account information from IB,

I mean, I still see Sim101 as the account name which is not the one from IB, and second if I do the same configuration in different computers the balance of Sim101 is different. My guess is that NT8 is using an "internal" Ninjatrader simulated account related to the key license (in one laptop I have not entered my license and is using @SIM-XXXXX number)

So, answering your question: I would like to see the IB Account name to which the Gateway is connected as well as its balance.

If it is possible to use Sim101 with realtime data, I could give it a try as well.

The setup I would like to have is:
      • Strategy Live -> Account UXXXXX -> NT8 Connection "Live" -> Gateway Instance with port 4001 -> Gateway User "Prod User"
      • Strategy Test-> Account DUYYYY -> NT8 Connection "Paper" -> Gateway Instance with port 4002 -> Gateway User "Paper User"

But I am getting this
      • Strategy Live -> Account UXXXXX -> NT8 Connection "Live" -> Gateway Instance with port 4001 -> Gateway User "Prod User"
      • Strategy Test-> Account Sim101 -> NT8 Connection "Paper" -> Gateway Instance with port 4002 -> Gateway User "Paper User"
      Click image for larger version  Name:	a.png Views:	0 Size:	75.9 KB ID:	1087887

Click image for larger version  Name:	b.png Views:	0 Size:	32.8 KB ID:	1087886

I don't know if it is clear...

Thanks

David
      Last edited by zulok; 02-20-2020, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Hello zulok,

I looks that even when I connect NT8 to a paper trade account logged IB Gateway I am not getting teh account information from IB,
        If you only connect to the IB paper account are you still seeing that result or is this only when you try to use both at the same time?

I mean, I still see Sim101 as the account name which is not the one from IB, and second if I do the same configuration in different computers the balance of Sim101 is different. My guess is that NT8 is using an "internal" Ninjatrader simulated account related to the key license (in one laptop I have not entered my license and is using @SIM-XXXXX number)
        The Sim101 account is the default internal paper account for your local NinjaTrader installation. This is not shared over the network in any way so your two computers will see different values for that account if they have any different trades/starting balance. This will be displayed no matter what even if you have a live license, however if you are using the @Sim license only the Sim101 will be selectable. I would suggest trying to set up the connection on the machine with your license key first to veryify that is working, the license key does change the connection features so that could relate here.

If it is possible to use Sim101 with realtime data, I could give it a try as well.
        Yes that is the purpose of the sim account, this is the same purpose as your IB paper account it would just be held locally instead. You can use the Sim101 in realtime and along side a live account, this avoids the need for connecting to the IB paper account if you can utilize this.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

If you only connect to the IB paper account are you still seeing that result or is this only when you try to use both at the same time?
          Actually when I replaced by the valid license I got both accounts Sim101 and DUXXX, yet the balance of the IB Paper is zero. I guess this is something from IB

The Sim101 account is the default internal paper account for your local NinjaTrader installation. This is not shared over the network in any way so your two computers will see different values for that account if they have any different trades/starting balance. This will be displayed no matter what even if you have a live license, however if you are using the @Sim license only the Sim101 will be selectable.
          OK, thanks for all

David

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post wzgy0920  
          Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
          5 responses