Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unhandled exception - unable to deserialize user data

Hi,
    I get an unhandled exception each time NT8 starts, with a message like this in the trace file. How can I determine which strategy requires my attention? Or how can I do a rebuild to fix this? I tried an uninstall/reinstall of NT8 but that didn't improve matters.

2020-02-23 11:02:44:288 ERROR: Strategy '180133006': unable to deserialize user data: There is an error in XML document (162, 4).

Thanks,
    saltminer

Hello saltminer,

There may be a strategy that has been saved in the workspace that has been updated with new properties, or may have inputs that are not properly serialized.

The error is saying the name of the strategy is 180133006. Are you seeing any strategies with the Name property set to 180133006 in the Ninjascript Editor?

I would recommend you make a copy of the workspace and save it and then close all workspaces.

Then remove items from the copy workspace, save, close, and re-open the workspace until the error stops. This would let you know which item is causing the error, or by saving the workspace again will remove the strategy that has been removed.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chelsea,
      I'm afraid I don't have any enigmatically named strategy such as those numbers. That's why I was asking you if there was a way to look up what that number referred to.
      I'll try the workspace idea.

saltminer

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by alifarahani, 04-19-2024, 09:40 AM
      9 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
      Started by mmckinnm, Today, 01:34 PM
      2 responses