Market Analyzer won't update the plot list for my indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Analyzer won't update the plot list for my indicator

I have been building an indicator with several plots. I noticed yesterday that Market analyzer has stopped updating the plot list for my indicator. If I add a plot or change a plot name, it doesn't show up on the Market analyzer drop down. (the updates do correctly appear on chart properties) I've tried restarting NT and still the Analyzer shows an old list of plots. However, I've copied all of the indicator code to a new class (call it indicator copy#2) and Market analyzer correctly updates plot names as I change/add/subtract plots. I'm just going forward with my indicator copy#2, but I thought you might want to track down why the Analyzer won't work with indicator copy#1.

Hello tecmisc1,

Are you removing the indicator column from the Market Analyzer and re-adding this?
    If this is showing in the Plots of the Indicator window correctly I would want to examine the indicator to see why this appears differently in the Market Analyzer.
    It may be the generated code is not generating correctly.

To export a NinjaTrader 8 NinjaScript so this can be shared and imported by the recipient do the following:
    1. Click Tools -> Export -> NinjaScript...
    2. Click the 'add' link -> check the box(es) for the script(s) and reference(s) you want to include
    3. Click the 'Export' button
    4. Enter a unique name for the file in the value for 'File name:'
    5. Choose a save location -> click Save
    6. Click OK to clear the export location message
    By default your exported file will be in the following location:
    • (My) Documents/NinjaTrader 8/bin/Custom/ExportNinjaScript/<export_file_name.zip>
    Below is a link to the help guide on Exporting NinjaScripts.

Once exported, please attach the file as an attachment to your reply.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I've not only deleted and readded the script, but I've opened a brand new Analyzer window and attached the script -- it always displays an old list of plots.
      See attached.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello tecmisc1,

As a heads up, there is no resource dictionary provided for:
        NinjaTrader.Custom.Resource.NinjaScriptIndicatorNa meSwing2String
        NinjaTrader.Custom.Resource.SwingHigh2Str
        NinjaTrader.Custom.Resource.SwingLow2Str

These don't exist on my computer so I had to modify your scripts to get these to import.

As these are strings, likely you don't need to be using a resource dictionary. NinjaTrader uses these for multi-language support. If you are not doing multi-language support, just use a string instead of using a resource from a resource dictionary.

That said, I've tested the HigherLowV2 indicator, and the plots shown in the Market Analyzer appear to match the chart which also appears to match the AddPlot() calls in the script.

Is the list of plots shown in this video different than the plots you are seeing on your end?

(Ignore the errors from the Swing2Strength indicator, these are caused because I had to remove the calls to resources.)

Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Chelsea,
          Thanks for checking into this. On my NT, I get a different list of plots. The plots I get are from about 3 code revisions ago of my script. My new copy of the script seems to be working fine so I'm not too worried about it.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post Jon17
          by Jon17

Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM
          0 responses