Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 not updating live

Hello & good day.
    I recently upgraded my internet and that's when NT8 stopped updating live.
    Outside of NT8, internet is fine.

I've just re-installed NT8 because it froze and was un-accessible.
    As of right now, I have only 1 minute chart open for CL without indicators and tick data on.
    When I re-load a chart it will go the the correct time but won't update.

Please advise on how to get back to where I was.
    (Running Volume Profile & Order Flow)
    What to do 1st?

I thank you, JM

Hello johnnymustard,

Thank you for your post.

I'd like to take a look at your log and trace files for this issue. These files contain diagnostic information related to what is occurring on your platform that will help us resolve this issue in a timely manner.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to an email to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with "2429907 ATTN Marco G" in the subject line and a link to this forum post in the message body so I may investigate this matter further.

Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
    Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
    Once you have emailed these to us, you may delete these compressed folders.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this item for you.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello was this resolved - i have a connection to demo data cqg - and not getting any updates on chart - the connection says fine and nothing in the chart trader for depth at all.
      Is there an issue with cqg data today?

Comment

There is a known issue with CQG demos at the moment. We're working with CQG on a solution now. I'll follow up when I have more information.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Comment

thanks for the update at least i know. I suspected with the volatility in market they may have cut them off today.

Comment

any update on this or is still hosed ?

Comment

Hello!

Updated the platform to the latest version (NT8), received a new demo account (registered on 02.24.2020) but still, there is no online data about CL and CG. There is a network connection. Tell me how to fix it?
              Last edited by James91991; 02-25-2020, 09:22 AM.

Comment

There is no update at this time. I'll update this forum post when I have more information.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Comment

I am also having an issue. I cannot receive live chart updates through Continuum at all. NT8 updates at connection but the ticks do not update beyond initial loading. I have tried different computers as well as different networks (Work and home). I have verified that NT8 has access through windows firewall. I'm using Windows 10 on both PCs. I have tried resetting my instruments as well as completely uninstalling Ninjatrader (including completely deleting all documents folders). Maybe I am missing some basic setting but I cannot figure it out.

Comment

I am having the same problem also, updates at connection but the ticks do not update beyond that. I was just about to delete NT8 from my pc but now that I see you have already tried that and it did not work.

Comment

I tried just an uninstall initially and when I reinstalled the software it popped up with all of my settings so I knew it wasn't an actual complete uninstall. Since the problem continued I uninstalled everything and manually deleted the documents folder giving up all of my settings and templates. Did a complete reboot and reinstall and it's the same issue. I just noticed that my OneDrive was backing up the NT8 files in my documents so I thought that may have some impact so I deactivated syncing and backups and did another reinstall and reboot. Still have the issue. The fact that the issue occurs on two separate computers on 3 separate networks leads me to believe this may be a server side issue but who knows? I'm hoping they figure out soon. I closed my positions on ToS and want to transfer once they cash out.

Comment

Rav0506 - this symptom is specifically impacting CQG demo futures data feeds. You seem to be referencing live trading with TD Ameritrade (Think or Swim). Can you elaborate on how your Specific symptoms related a CQG demo connection?

Comment

You are misinterpreting my statement. I wan't to switch to Ninjatrader as I am currently using ToS but Ninjatrader is not functional for me at the moment. I've closed my positions within ToS and TD Ameritrade so I can bring my cash over to Ninjatrader brokerage for trading futures but if the software isn't working I won't be making the transition..

Comment

Thanks for the clarification - I just wanted to be sure there was not an as-of-yet unknown live account data issue occurring for you.

Everyone experiencing this symptom - please contact me via email at PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com. In the email, include a link to this thread as well as "2429907 ATTN Patrick G". Also include your CQG demo username and password so I may forward that information to CQG.

Comment

Just want to followup that my issue was completely resolved

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
                              Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Aviram Y