Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Download error"there is no market replay data available for this instrument/date."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Download error"there is no market replay data available for this instrument/date."

Hi all,

I need some help about market play data download on Ninjatrader 8.
    When i tried to download the market replay data, the earliest date i can download is about two months ago, if i choose a date earlier,
    i got the error alert and "there is no market replay data available for this instrument/date."
    I have tried several forex instruments like EURUSD and GBPUSD, they are all the same.
    Please help me how can i download the earlier market replay data? Thanks a lot ^.^

Oh i find answer in other posts, only previous 90 days data is available.
    Another question is that can i get market historical data from other place and import it to ninjatrader so i can backtest in ninjatrader on earlier date?

Comment

That's correct - market replay data is only maintained for 90 days on our servers.

NinjaTrader 8 has the ability to use historical tick data for playback, so if you have historical tick data either from your current data provider or imported from another source, you could then click on the 'Historical' radio button on the Playback Controller to use that data.

There may also be some third party market replay options available. I'd suggest doing a web search for 'NinjaTrader market replay data'

Comment

hello sir.
        i am new at ninjatrader 8 . and i want to backtest old historic data using REPLAY function.
        every thing works fine when i use MARKET REPLAY ,,,,,but its data is limited to few months only.
        but i have to backtest very old data like 2018/2019 ,,, but it is not available , i get the error that market data is not available.

so i tried using the other option available that is HISTORIC DATA. i created the account on FXCM and logged in into ninjatrader 8,,,,,, the connection name is MY FXCM. with this i could download the Historic data from past but i am unable to use the PLAYBACK button.

i am attaching the screenshots of error i am getting.

and i am unable to edit the START AND END date options in Market Replay Tab.

please give me the solution....so i can backtest the old historic data........thank you

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	1247473Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	1247474Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	1247475Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	203.1 KB
ID:	1247476
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_Emily; 04-21-2023, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Hello sherkhan17,

Thank you for your post.

NinjaTrader offers 90 days of market replay data available to download for the most popular instruments. Otherwise, if you'd like to use historical data for instruments and/or dates that are not available, you must download historical Tick data. Based on your screenshots, you have Minute data downloaded. Please try with tick data and see if that allows you to perform a historical playback.
          For more information regarding how playback works,please see the following help guide section as well as the video from our YouTube channel:

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
          Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

hii sir,,,,,i have another problem with the TIMEZONE.....i was working with tradingview now i want to shift to ninjatrader...but i have the TIMEZONE problem.
            i am using 60MIN timeframe, SAME Candles, SAME TIMEZONE (-4UTC). in both tradingview and ninjatrader........BUT
            I GET 2 HOURS DIFFERENCE.......
            the Candle Iam marking in tradingview is 00:00 (-4utc)......the same candle i am marking in Ninjatrader is showing 02:00 (-4utc)....

my problem can be solved if i move the ruler to RIGHT SIDE by 2 hours......I TRIED TO CHANGE THE DIFFERENT TIMEZONES BUT ITS NOT WORKING... i am attaching the images showing my problem...please give me the solution.

Comment

TradingView shows the timestamp of the start of the bar, while NInjaTrader shows the timestamp of the end of the bar.
              Bruce DeVault
              QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
              NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Originally posted by sherkhan17 View Post
                hii sir,,,,,i have another problem with the TIMEZONE.....i was working with tradingview now i want to shift to ninjatrader...but i have the TIMEZONE problem.
                i am using 60MIN timeframe, SAME Candles, SAME TIMEZONE (-4UTC). in both tradingview and ninjatrader........BUT
                I GET 2 HOURS DIFFERENCE.......
                the Candle Iam marking in tradingview is 00:00 (-4utc)......the same candle i am marking in Ninjatrader is showing 02:00 (-4utc)....

my problem can be solved if i move the ruler to RIGHT SIDE by 2 hours......I TRIED TO CHANGE THE DIFFERENT TIMEZONES BUT ITS NOT WORKING... i am attaching the images showing my problem...please give me the solution.
                Hello sherkhan17,

Thank you for your patience.

In NinjaTrader, bars are stamped with the closing time of the bar. This is mentioned in the help guide page here and there is no workaround to change the bar timestamps to be the opening time of the bar:

Thank you for using NinjaTrader.
                Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Barry Milan, Today, 10:35 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Barry Milan  
                Started by DJ888, Yesterday, 06:09 PM
                2 responses