Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delay...

Hello,

I´m experiencing delay in NT8 with reaction on mouse actions, indicator paramters.....

The attached screenshot shows the utm, can the 3 Range volumetric be an issue with this high number.

And why is there barstype and chart please? I assume chart is the "basic" dataseries, but I dont have an indicator running with additional dataseries, I only use in the current indicators there the basic dataseries of chart.

Thank you!
    Tony
    Attached Files

The NinjaScript Utilization Monitor is a great place to start in order to try to 'shave off' items from your configuration that may be contributing highly to the overall load on NinjaTrader/your PC. With that said, context is important. For about how long had the NinjaScript Utilization Monitor been open when you took this screenshot? Could you share a screenshot of the entire window after first closing the existing window then opening a new window?

Also, I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over performance tips:The question you should be trying to answer is, "does the symptom persist after making X change?".

Other important workspace complexity items to answer and simplify are:
    • How many total chart windows are in the main workspace?
    • In those charts, how many chart tabs are there?
    • In those chart tabs, how many total indicators are applied?
    • Can any of the above be reduced or modified per the performance tips to mitigate or eliminate the symptom?
    Bar type and chart type' are two different things, so I would expect to see two separate prints.Here is a link which describes the two:Volumetric is unique in that it is both - there is a specific chart style that is used only for the Volumetric bar type that also happens to be called Volumetric.

Comment

Hello,

thank you for your reply. One thing more for troubleshooting. I added today an indicator modified the samplestreamreader, at the beginning I had a black screen and needed to shut down NT with taskmanager. Then I added the bool "levelsdrawn" to avoid its reading all the time. Is this correct what I have done? Does this make sense please or might this cause some issue with CPU?
      else if(State == State.Terminated)
      {
      if (sr != null)
      { sr.Dispose();
      sr = null;}
      }}

protected override void OnBarUpdate()
      {
      if(levelsdrawn==false)
      {
      if (!File.Exists(path))
      {Print("File does not exist.");
      return;}

try
      {sr = new System.IO.StreamReader(path);
      string line;
      while ((line = sr.ReadLine()) != null)
      {
      string[] split = line.Split(new char[] {' '});
      int splitCounter = 0;
      foreach (string s in split)
      {
      splitCounter++;
      if (splitCounter == 1)
      {pricelevel = double.Parse(s);
      Draw.HorizontalLine(this,"tag"+_row, false, pricelevel, Brushes.Yellow, DashStyleHelper.Dash, 2);}
      if (splitCounter == 1)
      {splitCounter = 0;
      _row++;}
      }}
      levelsdrawn=true;
      }
      catch (Exception e)
      { Log("You cannot write and read from the same file at the same time. Please remove SampleStreamWriter.", NinjaTrader.Cbi.LogLevel.Error);
      Print(e.ToString());
      }
      }

Thank you!
      Tony

Comment

Hello tonynt,

Thank you for your reply.

If you only need to read from the file and draw the levels once, then yes, I would absolutely say that putting the levelsdrawn bool there to keep it from redrawing the levels every time OnBarUpdate runs and I'd expect this to have much less impact on the CPU than without the bool.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
        Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post Aviram Y  
        Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
        3 responses