Rithmic feed down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rithmic feed down?

About 11:00 EST my Rithmic feed went dow and will not reconnect. How do I deal with this? How do I find out if it's on thier end or if its an issue with my system?

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

We recommend the following troubleshooting steps when a disconnect like this occurs (test for the issue after each step):
    • Restart NinjaTrader
    • Restart your modem and (if applicable) router
    • Restart your PC
    • Clear your DNS
    • If you are not already and the option is available to you, connect to the internet using an ethernet cable. Wireless connections are significantly more unreliable.
    • Ensure exceptions have been added into any firewall/antivirus/backup programs for the Documents > "NinjaTrader 8" folder— as well as the NinjaTrader.exe program in C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 8\bin64
    • If the above steps do not help, contact your ISP and let them know you are having connection problems.
    I look forward to resolving your inquiry.
    Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I tried restarting NinjaTrader. It was completely unresponsive meaning nothing I clicked on in NinjaTrader did anything. I check task manager and it was still using CPU resources but would not respond to any commands.

I had to "end task" and reboot my system. Now it is not showing me the work space that was active at the time. It is not even listed as a work space in the menu even though I know I have exited and restarted multiple times with that work space.

Why would a work space get deleted by doing an "end task"?

After re-boot, Rithimic connected with no problem so it was not on their end, and there was nothing wrong with my internet connection. This was a NinjaTrader software issue.

I found a day old copy of my work space in the "recovery" file and am working on getting back to where I was.

Is there anyway to troubleshoot why this locked up? I have recently installed demos of Bloodhound and Blackbird and if they caused this, I need to know before I purchase the software.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2432235 ATTN Melissa

Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving your inquiry.
        Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have sent the log files.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by StrongLikeBull, Yesterday, 04:05 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
          Started by Mestor, 03-10-2023, 01:50 AM