Graph in minutes and in ticks each with its indicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Graph in minutes and in ticks each with its indicators

Hello, I want to open 2 graphs in 1, the first one being in minutes and the other one in ticks ... is it possible? and each with its indicators, thanks

Hello punkiy2111,

You are indeed able to open several instruments in the same chart window. You may even mix time-based charts, such as 1-minute or day-charts with non-time based charts, such as tick or volume.

Please note the x-axis will set be set based on the earliest begin time and latest end time of all Trading Hours templates applied to the Data Series' on the chart.

To find more information on how to manage different charts in the same window please take a look at our HelpGuide at the below address:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ata_series.htm

Alternatively, NinjaTrader 8 also offers the option to use tabs to display several Data Series in the same window. You may add a tab by clicking the "+" symbol next to the currently selected tab below the chart.

You may also find further information about using tabs at the following address: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...using_tabs.htm

Please let me know should you have further questions!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	error.png
Views:	659
Size:	7.1 KB
ID:	1088457
      Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Manfred View Post
      Hello punkiy2111,

You are indeed able to open several instruments in the same chart window. You may even mix time-based charts, such as 1-minute or day-charts with non-time based charts, such as tick or volume.

Please note the x-axis will set be set based on the earliest begin time and latest end time of all Trading Hours templates applied to the Data Series' on the chart.

To find more information on how to manage different charts in the same window please take a look at our HelpGuide at the below address:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ata_series.htm

Alternatively, NinjaTrader 8 also offers the option to use tabs to display several Data Series in the same window. You may add a tab by clicking the "+" symbol next to the currently selected tab below the chart.

You may also find further information about using tabs at the following address: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...using_tabs.htm

Please let me know should you have further questions!

Hi, I still find the problem, I don't know if there is any indicator for ninjatrader 8 that does.
      The main theme is that I want to have 2 graphs in 1, that is, the 5-minute graph with its template above and below the second graph in ticks also with its template, but it does not allow me, it still gives me the same error.
      Here you have my screenshot.
      Thank you.

Comment

Good Morning, punkiy2111,

This error message would be the result of attempting to load a CHART template into a chart that has more data series' than the template you are importing, e.g. you're attempting to load a chart template with 1 data series into a chart that has 2 data series' in it already.

In this case, the template can't be imported as it is not clear which properties should apply to which data series/indicator.

To correct this please save the INDICATOR properties as templates instead, then recreate the chart window with these templates.

Alternatively, you may also load the template into the chart while it only has 1 data series, then adjust the rest of the chart from there.

You may find further information about saving or restoring templates in the following HelpGuides:

Chart Templates: https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/index.html?saving_chart_defaults_and_templates.htm #HowToSaveAChartTemplate
        Indicator Templates: https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/index.html?saving_chart_defaults_and_templates.htm #UnderstandingIndicatorDefaultSettings

Let me know if you run into any issues, we're here to help!

Comment

Good Morning, punkiy2111,

This error message would be the result of attempting to load a CHART template into a chart that has more data series' than the template you are importing, e.g. you're attempting to load a chart template with 1 data series into a chart that has 2 data series' in it already.

In this case, the template can't be imported as it is not clear which properties should apply to which data series/indicator.

To correct this please save the INDICATOR properties as templates instead, then recreate the chart window with these templates.

Alternatively, you may also load the template into the chart while it only has 1 data series, then adjust the rest of the chart from there.

You may find further information about saving or restoring templates in the following HelpGuides:

Chart Templates: https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/index.html?saving_chart_defaults_and_templates.htm #HowToSaveAChartTemplate
          Indicator Templates: https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/index.html?saving_chart_defaults_and_templates.htm #UnderstandingIndicatorDefaultSettings

Let me know if you run into any issues, we're here to help!

But as you say I can have 2 graphics 1 to 5 minutes and the other to ticks in one? Clarify this. Do you know if there is any video about how to do it?
          Thank you

Comment

Hello punkiy2111,

I've created a quick video showing you how to add the same instrument to a chart three times:

- The first time I added it as a 1 minute candlestick chart
            - I then created a 60-minute box chart
            - In a second step, I moved the box chart from its own panel to the 1-minute chart's panel
            - I also darkened the box chart's colors a bit to make sure you can more easily separate the candlestick chart and box chart
            - Once the box chart was added to the candlestick chart, it overlapped each other. To correct this please mark one of the charts, hold SHIFT and scroll your mouse wheel up and down. This modifies the Z-axis (depth) of the selected chart
            - I then added the third chart for the same instrument and set it to 250 ticks instead of using time-based bars

As you can see towards the end of the video, the amount of data in the tick chart causes the timeline to 'spread out' to fit all bars into it.

Setting the tick chart to a higher value, e.g. 1000-tick, or using a different bar type will let you adjust this further.

Please let me know should you still have any questions!

Comment

Hello punkiy2111,

I've created a quick video showing you how to add the same instrument to a chart three times:

- The first time I added it as a 1 minute candlestick chart
              - I then created a 60-minute box chart
              - In a second step, I moved the box chart from its own panel to the 1-minute chart's panel
              - I also darkened the box chart's colors a bit to make sure you can more easily separate the candlestick chart and box chart
              - Once the box chart was added to the candlestick chart, it overlapped each other. To correct this please mark one of the charts, hold SHIFT and scroll your mouse wheel up and down. This modifies the Z-axis (depth) of the selected chart
              - I then added the third chart for the same instrument and set it to 250 ticks instead of using time-based bars

As you can see towards the end of the video, the amount of data in the tick chart causes the timeline to 'spread out' to fit all bars into it.

Setting the tick chart to a higher value, e.g. 1000-tick, or using a different bar type will let you adjust this further.

Please let me know should you still have any questions!
              Ok, now I have clearer with the video, thanks.
              The problem I have now is that this dual graph has 2 indicators, one of them works with minutes (this is correct) but adding another indicator that I need in ticks does not do it correctly, it does everything in minutes and then it does not work for me.
              Is there any solution for this?
              Thanks for your help, great service.

Comment

Hello punkiy2111,

Thank you for the praise, we're always happy to assist!

Based on this description it's likely that your indicator's input series is linked to the time-based data series, not the tick-based one.

Please take a look at the indicator's properties and ensure the "Input Series" shows the tick-based chart (see attached screenshot).

Once you have set both, the indicator's "Input Series" and its "Panel" to the correct data series the indicator should draw correctly.

Should this not resolve the issue please post a screenshot of the chart you currently have, I can then best assist further.

Thank you in advance!

Comment

Hello punkiy2111,

Thank you for the praise, we're always happy to assist!

Based on this description it's likely that your indicator's input series is linked to the time-based data series, not the tick-based one.

Please take a look at the indicator's properties and ensure the "Input Series" shows the tick-based chart (see attached screenshot).

Once you have set both, the indicator's "Input Series" and its "Panel" to the correct data series the indicator should draw correctly.

Should this not resolve the issue please post a screenshot of the chart you currently have, I can then best assist further.

Thank you in advance!

Great, you are very big and the service you offer more ... the problem was solved, thank you very much ... finally all I need is the color of the 2 graphics backgrounds, I want it different for each one, can I change it? It would be final, thanks again.

Comment

Hello punkiy2111,

Thank you for the praise! We always do our best to assist.

Regarding the background color; While it's not possible by default, one of your fellow NinjaTrader users created a free indicator that could achieve exactly that.

Please review the indicator at the following address:

07/25/2018 – exported using NT 8.0.14.2 (64-bit) – bug fix: NT8 crashes during the process of resetting chart background color back to null (when local time reaches the "End Time"). 05/07/2018 – exported using NT 8.0.13.1 (64-bit) – If you had a previous version installed, please remove it from the "DocumentsNinjaTrader 8binCustomIndicatorsdownloaded" folder as this […]

If you have never imported a third-party indicator please read the instructions or review the short video at the above address, as it will help you install this successfully.

Once installed you would find this indicator under the "TG" folder in your indicators.

I've attached a screenshot below with my suggested settings. To add it to any of your charts please follow the steps below:
                    1. Right-click the chart in question and select "Indicators"
                    2. Open the "TG" folder and add the "ColorRegions" indicator
                    3. Enable "Price Panel Only"
                    4. Set "Region Color" to the color you want this chart to have
                    5. Set "Region Opacity" as high as you want (I would suggest 0.2 to 0.4)
                    6. "Start Time" and "End Time" should be set to the same time (unless you don't want the background to always be colored)
                    7. Ensure "Input Series" is set to the correct chart
                    8. Repeat steps 1-7 for every chart you wish to color
                    Please let me know if I may assist further!

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Comment

Thank you very much, this is already impressive. Good job and better customer service. Thanks and a hug.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post algospoke  
                      Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post maybeimnotrader