Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT8 has become very laggy, how can I change it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 has become very laggy, how can I change it?

Hello,

I m using NT8 mainly for forex trading. I dont have indicators loaded into my charts, only some horizontal lines.

Had some (solved) connecting issue with FXCM demo recently, but I dont think its connected to my now-laggy platform.

What can I do to make it faster again and not lose the lines in my charts? Can I just delete some temp folders or something? Please help.

Hello ForexBoy,

Thanks for your post.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over performance tips to help speed this up on your platform.
    Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have noticed NT performance worsen considerably lately as well. I have removed indicators, closed market analyzers, etc. to where I am left with a very basic setup. Is something going on on NT's end that is contributing to this? Thanks!

Comment

NinjaTrader has made no changes, so if performance has become worse in just the last few days, it likely has to do with the very high market volatility this week. If you've followed all performance tips from the link above, please try the following with the goal of further isolating the symptom:

So we can further diagnose your system, start NinjaTrader in Safe Mode.

To enable safe mode, please use the following steps:
        • Ensure NinjaTrader is shut down
        • Hold the CONTROL key and double click the NinjaTrader icon.
        • Keep the CONTROL key held down until you see the Control Center.
        • You can verify you are in safe mode by going to Help -> About.
        Once NinjaTrader has started on just the control center, please connect to a data feed then open a new chart with no custom bar types/indicators/templates and test for issues.

If there are no issues on this new workspace, please try opening the previous workspace by going to the Control Center > Workspaces > Choose your workspace.

If there are no issues, restart NinjaTrader normally and test for issues.

If this reintroduces issues, I would suggest rebuilding your workspace, adding 1 indicator at a time. Please keep track of what indicators you add back in so that we can narrow down what indicator is causing the issue if the issue returns.

Please let me know the results of this test.

Comment

Actually it doesnt help.

I was using a Volume Profile in three charts each (30min, 4h, 1d). It was like I could use it within 2 of 3 charts without any issues. I could even set multiple profiles into one chart without that bad lagging like now. To be sure I didnt forget any, I deleted my one and only workspace and setup a totally new one, without any custom things. Now I m facing this: I open only one chart (30min), set the Vol-Calculation to the same level than before, and if I just open a little profile, the chart doesnt react anymore and freezes. I ve had this before, when I set the VP for a time range of months, but now I set time range only a week and it freezes.

I m pretty sure, it has something to do with the datafeed from FXCM, since there were connection issues, this lagging problem (using Volume Profile) started. What I still dont get is why I was able to load so many profiles a week ago and now I cant even open a small one in a single chart.

What has changed in the FXCM connection? Is there any temp-data in the Ninja-folders I could try delete? I remember once deleting the "cache" in the "db" folder... would that help maybe?

Comment

I am not aware of any changes made by FXCM. Deleting the cache folder can sometimes help with symptoms, however, that would not be treating the root cause of this issue. There are no other 'temp files' that could be deleted.

Is your connection configured to use FXCM's historical servers or NinjaTrader's? You can check by going to Control Center > Connections > Configure > Choose your FXCM connection from the 'Configured' list > Is 'NinjaTrader historical data server' enabled or disabled?

Also, could you elaborate on what 'freeze' means? Does this mean the chart itself becomes unresponsive? Or the entire platform? Also, please detail the exact steps you're taking to construct the chart. I am wondering if perhaps a Volume Profile or other template in use may be corrupt somehow.

Comment

NinjaTrader historical data server is enabled. Freeze means in a 30min chart, I m using the VP with tick data, so my configuration is calculation every 2 pips. Could also choose 1, 5 or whatever but I never had problems loading 30min charts with 65-95 days back. Usually, the charts gets kind of laggy when I set the VP for lets say 2 months. But when I set it for one week now, it starts freezing in a way the chart gets irresponsive and I can either wait couple minutes or shut Nt down. This has changed because it never happened in that small timeframe before.

Comment

I suspect this is directly related to the extremely high volatility recently in the market. Since your charts are based on tick data, that means the profile needs to calculate from every single tick in the market over your chart's 'days to load'. You'll need to optimize your workspace to mitigate these symptoms. I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over performance tips:

Comment

probably its really caused by market´s vola at the moment. The VolumeProfile is calculating by bar close, not every tick. thank you, it s kind of better, lets see how long.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                  4 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post DJ888
                  by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes