X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• backtester831
    replied
    Hi Aporshnev,

Based on the specs of the VPS you quoted, it sounds like speedytradingservers. They are reliable and good, however are expensive for the specs they offer.

A popular lower cost recommendation is https://www.ninjamobiletrader.com/

For example, for $99 with https://www.ninjamobiletrader.com/ you get:
    3 CPU Cores x 3.9+ GHz each
    12GB of DDR4 RAM
    240GB SSD Storage

speedytradingservers, for $100 gets you:
    2 CPU Cores x 2.6 GHz each
    4GB of DDR4 RAM
    50GB SSD Storage

The spec comparison speaks for itself. With the 12GB RAM server at https://www.ninjamobiletrader.com/, you would have more than enough resources to simultaneously run dozens of charts, strategies, indicators, etc.

Originally posted by Aporshnev View Post
    Dear NT team,
    Please kindly provide the instructions how to transfer NT8 to VPS.
    The following questions I require to clarify:
    - New installation or copy->paste?
    - Transition of NT folder from C:\MyDocuments (just copy?). I need my workspaces and strategies.
    - Potential license conflict (I`ll keep NT on my laptop as well)
    - the most important - tech requirments to VPS. So far I operate Windows 10 Pro laptop with Intel i7-6700HQ 2.60GHz, 16GB DDR4 RAM, SSD and normally run 3 or 5 strategies with update on price change. Works Ok.
    VPS provider offers the following capabilities: 2x2.6GHz Intel Xeon, 4GB RAM DDR4, 50GB SSD - is this seem enough or need to add resources?

Thank you in advance.

Leave a comment:

• Aporshnev
    replied
    Sent with "ATTN Marco"...

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Melissa
    replied
    Hello,

Thank you for the post.

We would need some additional information to determine the cause of this error.

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2436171 ATTN Marco

Thanks in advance; we look forward to resolving this item.

Leave a comment:

• Aporshnev
    replied
    hello
    After the installation on new VPS Ninja Trader started only once and then I observed only this pop-up message. Platform doesnt start. Several times it was the same. Can you help with understanding what may cause this problem? Thank you

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2020-04-21_20-44-46.jpg
Views:	1356
Size:	120.0 KB
ID:	1095731

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Melissa
    replied
    Hello,

Thank you for the post.

We could not advise on the best configuration for your VPS, but having more resources may certainly improve the performance.

Please also keep in mind the graphics card requirements for running NInjaTrader 8:

•DirectX 10 compatible graphics card

Additionally, if you wanted us to take a closer look at your configuration you could send us your log and trace files so that we may look into any potential errors.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2436171 ATTN Marco

Please let us know if we may be of any further assistance.

Leave a comment:

• Aporshnev
    replied
    Thank you . Seems that transition was done successfully, however, some charts are not loaded-up completely. Also DOM data is poor. I believe this is the resources deficit as I expected. Shoud I request additional processor cores + RAM from my provider? They are capable to satisfy all technological needs. Please confirm.

Name:	Screenshot_1.jpg
Views:	1447
Size:	165.2 KB
ID:	1088794

Name:	Screenshot_2.jpg
Views:	1349
Size:	169.7 KB
ID:	1088795

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Marco
    replied
    Hello,

Thank you for your post.

You'll want to download NinjaTrader to the VPS and install it there firstly using your License Key below:

You'll be able to input your license key on both computers, but cannot use both computers at the same time as this would be a violation of the License Agreement.

The recommended system requirements from the Help guide are as follows:

•2 (GHz) or faster quad core 64-bit processor

•8 GB RAM

•DirectX 10 compatible graphics card

•SSD Hard Drive

I suspect you may encounter some sluggishness in processing while running with 4 GB RAM and several strategies if you are using indicators on your charts as well.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over performance tips:
    The following instructions will explain how to backup your NinjaTrader 8 files to a second computer.

Please note that the following list is the items you can choose to include or exclude from your backup (Configuration files, Database, Historical Chart Data, Log and Trace files, Market Replay Data, NinjaScript Files, Templates, Workspaces). Many users exclude the historical chart data, log and trace files, and Market Replay data to reduce the file size.

Also, the new computer will have a different Machine ID and will result in any passwords for account connections being removed along with the NinjaTrader License key being removed. For security purposes all account connections will need to have the username and password re-entered and the License key will also need to be re-entered.

You will also need to contact any 3rd party vendors and let them know that your machine ID has changed. You can locate the new machine ID by the following:
    • Control Center > Help > About... (e.g. Machine ID: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX)

Follow these steps:
    • Open NinjaTrader 8 on the computer you wish to backup from and disconnect from any open connections if applicable
    • Go to Tools > Export > Backup File
    • Select which items you would like to backup and click 'Export'
    • Email or Save the file to an external storage device. The file can be found in the Documents\NinjaTrader 8 Backup folder on your PC

Open NinjaTrader 8 on the computer you wish to restore to and disconnect from any open connections if applicable.
    • Open the email with the backup file or connect the external storage and save the backup file to a destination of your choosing (I recommend the desktop as it is easy to find)
    • Go to Tools > Import > Backup File...
    • Select the backup file you created from the location you saved it

I have also attached the publicly available Help Guide section regarding backup and restore below:

Help Guide - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ightsub=backup

If you have any further NinjaTrader inquiries we may assist with, please don't hesitate to ask.

Leave a comment:

• Aporshnev
    started a topic Transition to VPS

Transition to VPS

Dear NT team,
    Please kindly provide the instructions how to transfer NT8 to VPS.
    The following questions I require to clarify:
    - New installation or copy->paste?
    - Transition of NT folder from C:\MyDocuments (just copy?). I need my workspaces and strategies.
    - Potential license conflict (I`ll keep NT on my laptop as well)
    - the most important - tech requirments to VPS. So far I operate Windows 10 Pro laptop with Intel i7-6700HQ 2.60GHz, 16GB DDR4 RAM, SSD and normally run 3 or 5 strategies with update on price change. Works Ok.
    VPS provider offers the following capabilities: 2x2.6GHz Intel Xeon, 4GB RAM DDR4, 50GB SSD - is this seem enough or need to add resources?

Thank you in advance.

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post jclose
by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
10 responses
0 likes