Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT8 pegs 12 Core CPU at 100%, zero charts or strategies, only Control Center open.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 pegs 12 Core CPU at 100%, zero charts or strategies, only Control Center open.

Hi,

Yesterday and today NT8 pegs 12 Core CPU at 100%, zero charts, zero strategies, zero positions open, only Control Center Open.

Tick Reply is On.

A message appeared a few times Unhanded Exception: Not enough quota is available to process this command.

How do I fix this.?

Thanks

This is very much likely due to the incredibly high volatility in the market in conjunction with your workspace configuration and PC capabilities.

Tick replay can be expected to cause a strain on your system even when there is not record-high volatility in the markets. See this note from the help guide:
    • https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ick_replay.htm
    • Warning: It is important to note that this property implies that more PC resources are used to calculate your indicators and strategies and as a result will lead to a performance impact. The tick replay setting should only be reserved for indicators and strategies which would truly benefit from the additional resources dedicated to arrive at these calculations.
    "Not enough quota is available to process this command." typically means NinjaTrader is running out of available resources to process the things you've asked it to do.

If everything about your NinjaTrader has remained constant and the only variable is the market volatility, then the only way to mitigate this behavior would be to optimize your workspace for performance by simplifying it. I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over performance tips:I see that you also contacted us via email about 20 minutes after making this post. I'll be following up with the same information via email and we can then gather some more specifics about your configuration via diagnostic files.

Comment

I have a 5GHZ, 8 core 64GB machine connected to a 500Mbps internet connection with Kinetick data feed. For the last 3 days Ninjatrader 8 has been freezing up on me. Same charts I have been running for the last two months with zero issues. SLOW SLOW SLOW. I have updated to the newest version of NT8 put out 3 days ago and thought about backing down one version to see if issue persists. Difficult to trade like this. Have tried rebooting the system, tested connection speeds, ran system diagnostics, removed all but one trading chart but problem persists even during those times when market is trading below average volume (Global or RTH).

Comment

If nothing has changed other than the market volatility, then we must assume that is the variable that is the root cause which of course we cannot control. If you've followed the performance tips link above, I'd recommend a safe mode test:

To enable safe mode, please use the following steps:
        • Ensure NinjaTrader is shut down
        • Hold the CONTROL key and double click the NinjaTrader icon.
        • Keep the CONTROL key held down until you see the Control Center.
        • You can verify you are in safe mode by going to Help -> About.
        Once NinjaTrader has started on just the control center, please connect to a data feed then open a new chart with no custom bar types/indicators/templates and test for issues.

If there are no issues on this new workspace, please try opening the previous workspace by going to the Control Center > Workspaces > Choose your workspace.

If there are no issues, restart NinjaTrader normally and test for issues.

If this reintroduces issues, I would suggest rebuilding your workspace, adding 1 indicator at a time. Please keep track of what indicators you add back in so that we can narrow down what indicator is causing the issue if the issue returns.

Please let me know the results of this test.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
        Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DanielSanMartin